RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

58 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I went to a cruise travel website, saw that there were still a CL available, called my TA to see if what I was seeing correct, she called her contact at Royal,,, called me with Royal on hold and asked if we wanted that cabin ., I said Yes. She called back after it was all done and said we would get a $400 refund to our cc.

I don't know the hows or the whys,,, it just did.

Typically, if you change your cabin after final payment and book it cheaper than your original price, you will get onboard credit, not a refund to you CC. If a Royal rep told you that you would get it back on your CC...and they are correct, that's great! But if not...check once onboard to see if you have any OBC...because you will have to spend it onboard or loose it as it is not refundable OBC. 

Now if you did this prior to final payment, then yes, you'd get your monies back on your CC. The Rep may have been confused about that.... 

8 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Typically, if you change your cabin after final payment and book it cheaper than your original price, you will get onboard credit, ...

This has not been Royal's policy for around 10 years.  No refund or credit of any kind after final payment date.  The only exception would be if the price dropped within 48 hours of initial booking.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

This has not been Royal's policy for around 10 years.  No refund or credit of any kind after final payment date.  The only exception would be if the price dropped within 48 hours of initial booking.

Hum.....ok... 

Thanks for peeing in my Cheerios 😨

The other way to have handled this , assuming one just had to chime in and voice their unsolicited opinion was,,,,,, Dang, way to go. Hope this works out for you. This scenario is not how Royal used to handle things, then again, maybe the stars aligned and a passenger gets the benefit this time.

Then again,,, in todays world of social media it could have been much worse.

I had the direct web address to place bids for the RoyalUp program, but it got deleted from my browser history while we were on Harmony last week. I know it was somewhere in this thread, but can't find it anymore. Does anyone still have it?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I had the direct web address to place bids for the RoyalUp program, but it got deleted from my browser history while we were on Harmony last week. I know it was somewhere in this thread, but can't find it anymore. Does anyone still have it?

Thanks.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

I just bid for the first time for a GS on our Harmony cruise in 11 days.   I ignored the first email about a month ago but thought I’d try this time.  We already printed our luggage tags and set sail docs.  The email said they’d let us know the day before when we’re flying in.  Do they send us new luggage tags that we can print at the hotel?  We’ve already paid for internet for 2 of us.  Will we be able to get a refund the day before the cruise since internet is free? 

13 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I just bid for the first time for a GS on our Harmony cruise in 11 days.   I ignored the first email about a month ago but thought I’d try this time.  We already printed our luggage tags and set sail docs.  The email said they’d let us know the day before when we’re flying in.  Do they send us new luggage tags that we can print at the hotel?  We’ve already paid for internet for 2 of us.  Will we be able to get a refund the day before the cruise since internet is free? 

You can get luggage tags from the porters if you don't have them before you arrive at the pier.  The porters can look up your stateroom number on the manifest.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You will need to cancel on board as you can’t access the Planner the day before. 

And then will that just be an OBC or can they credit it back to the credit card I used to purchase....anyway to cash it out if it's OBC ? Sorry for the double question.

38 minutes ago, Ashland said:

And then will that just be an OBC or can they credit it back to the credit card I used to purchase....anyway to cash it out if it's OBC ? Sorry for the double question.

Cancelling onboard will result in refundable OBC.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 12:16 PM, klfrodo said:

Thanks for peeing in my Cheerios 😨

The other way to have handled this , assuming one just had to chime in and voice their unsolicited opinion was,,,,,, Dang, way to go. Hope this works out for you. This scenario is not how Royal used to handle things, then again, maybe the stars aligned and a passenger gets the benefit this time.

Then again,,, in todays world of social media it could have been much worse.

Please let us know if your credit gets posted. 

2 minutes ago, redwell said:

I have made a bid for a promenade room I bid minimum bid .I checked my account today it has changed to bid accepted does that mean I have been accepted for an upgrade. 

No, you'll get another message if accepted and obviously a new cabin.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, redwell said:

I have made a bid for a promenade room I bid minimum bid .I checked my account today it has changed to bid accepted does that mean I have been accepted for an upgrade. My cabin number hasnt changed

Wait a day or two, it seems that others have reported this right before they get notification of the new stateroom.

Will the minimum bid amount change for a category?  For example my anthem sailing has min bid $100 for balcony    min bid $200 for JS.  This is per person.    Will the min bid per category change up or down as sailing gets closer or stay as is a set number?

12 minutes ago, LINDAE3213 said:

Will the minimum bid amount change for a category?     Will the min bid per category change up or down as sailing gets closer or stay as is a set number?

Low numbers like that are unlikely to change - some higher category ones might.

Something odd has happened with my RoyalUp bid. I received an email inviting me to bid on a higher class cabin at the beginning of last week via RoyalUp for our Mariner sailing later this month on the 30th. I pondered a few days but decided to bid on an OS (we are in a GS) since the minimum bids per person was $100 ($200 total for cabin).

A week ago, I placed a bid of $125/person ($250 total) for the OS, and had been checking in every day to see if the status had changed, not really expecting to win the bid, but still hopeful. Every day since then, until today, the status was "Pending". However, today I attempted to check my bid and got the dreaded "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days" message, which of course it is, and when I click on the link to Modify my offer from RoyalUp that was emailed to me after I placed my bid, I get the screen that states my bid is still "Pending", but at the bottom there is a statement that says "There was an error". I also am blocked from modifying my offer; it says I am "Ineligible".

Has this happened to anyone else before who might can explain what their outcome was? I've also been checking with my TA on upgrading directly with them if the price gets within a range I find reasonable, but was curious as to why this is happening.

Edited by ValleyCruiser