Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If you were after final payment date when you upgraded according to their terms you should not get a refund.  You could have upgraded but not get any money back

So, you're saying I should just give it back? 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

So, you're saying I should just give it back? 😵

Just telling you what their policy is supposed to be.  Don't want you to be surprised if the $400 credti  does not appear😇

Edited by molly361

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I went to a cruise travel website, saw that there were still a CL available, called my TA to see if what I was seeing correct, she called her contact at Royal,,, called me with Royal on hold and asked if we wanted that cabin ., I said Yes. She called back after it was all done and said we would get a $400 refund to our cc.

I don't know the hows or the whys,,, it just did.

 

Typically, if you change your cabin after final payment and book it cheaper than your original price, you will get onboard credit, not a refund to you CC. If a Royal rep told you that you would get it back on your CC...and they are correct, that's great! But if not...check once onboard to see if you have any OBC...because you will have to spend it onboard or loose it as it is not refundable OBC. 

 

Now if you did this prior to final payment, then yes, you'd get your monies back on your CC. The Rep may have been confused about that.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

 

Typically, if you change your cabin after final payment and book it cheaper than your original price, you will get onboard credit, ...

 

This has not been Royal's policy for around 10 years.  No refund or credit of any kind after final payment date.  The only exception would be if the price dropped within 48 hours of initial booking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

This has not been Royal's policy for around 10 years.  No refund or credit of any kind after final payment date.  The only exception would be if the price dropped within 48 hours of initial booking.

Hum.....ok... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Hum.....ok... 

 

Bob's correct.  No refund or OBC that is why I was telling the poster that upgraded himself not to be surprised if he does not get a refund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for peeing in my Cheerios 😨

 

The other way to have handled this , assuming one just had to chime in and voice their unsolicited opinion was,,,,,, Dang, way to go. Hope this works out for you. This scenario is not how Royal used to handle things, then again, maybe the stars aligned and a passenger gets the benefit this time.

Then again,,, in todays world of social media it could have been much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the direct web address to place bids for the RoyalUp program, but it got deleted from my browser history while we were on Harmony last week. I know it was somewhere in this thread, but can't find it anymore. Does anyone still have it?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I had the direct web address to place bids for the RoyalUp program, but it got deleted from my browser history while we were on Harmony last week. I know it was somewhere in this thread, but can't find it anymore. Does anyone still have it?

 

Thanks.

 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bid for the first time for a GS on our Harmony cruise in 11 days.   I ignored the first email about a month ago but thought I’d try this time.  We already printed our luggage tags and set sail docs.  The email said they’d let us know the day before when we’re flying in.  Do they send us new luggage tags that we can print at the hotel?  We’ve already paid for internet for 2 of us.  Will we be able to get a refund the day before the cruise since internet is free? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I just bid for the first time for a GS on our Harmony cruise in 11 days.   I ignored the first email about a month ago but thought I’d try this time.  We already printed our luggage tags and set sail docs.  The email said they’d let us know the day before when we’re flying in.  Do they send us new luggage tags that we can print at the hotel?  We’ve already paid for internet for 2 of us.  Will we be able to get a refund the day before the cruise since internet is free? 

 

You can get luggage tags from the porters if you don't have them before you arrive at the pier.  The porters can look up your stateroom number on the manifest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

 Will we be able to get a refund the day before the cruise since internet is free? 

You will need to cancel on board as you can’t access the Planner the day before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We bid $250 per person ($500) for upgrade from inside to balcony.  It was accepted.  Received email Tuesday night for sailing the following Sunday! 

 

It was over $1000 more if we had booked the balcony to start with!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You will need to cancel on board as you can’t access the Planner the day before. 

And then will that just be an OBC or can they credit it back to the credit card I used to purchase....anyway to cash it out if it's OBC ? Sorry for the double question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ashland said:

And then will that just be an OBC or can they credit it back to the credit card I used to purchase....anyway to cash it out if it's OBC ? Sorry for the double question.

 

Cancelling onboard will result in refundable OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 12:16 PM, klfrodo said:

Thanks for peeing in my Cheerios 😨

 

The other way to have handled this , assuming one just had to chime in and voice their unsolicited opinion was,,,,,, Dang, way to go. Hope this works out for you. This scenario is not how Royal used to handle things, then again, maybe the stars aligned and a passenger gets the benefit this time.

Then again,,, in todays world of social media it could have been much worse.

 

Please let us know if your credit gets posted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, disneyfan74 said:

I am confused got the emails to bid but that week is basically showing all sold out? 

The online picture is not complete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The online picture is not complete. 

We need a sticky😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have made a bid for a promenade room I bid minimum bid .I checked my account today it has changed to bid accepted does that mean I have been accepted for an upgrade. My cabin number hasnt changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redwell said:

I have made a bid for a promenade room I bid minimum bid .I checked my account today it has changed to bid accepted does that mean I have been accepted for an upgrade. 

No, you'll get another message if accepted and obviously a new cabin.

Edited by Biker19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redwell said:

I have made a bid for a promenade room I bid minimum bid .I checked my account today it has changed to bid accepted does that mean I have been accepted for an upgrade. My cabin number hasnt changed

 

Wait a day or two, it seems that others have reported this right before they get notification of the new stateroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the minimum bid amount change for a category?  For example my anthem sailing has min bid $100 for balcony    min bid $200 for JS.  This is per person.    Will the min bid per category change up or down as sailing gets closer or stay as is a set number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LINDAE3213 said:

Will the minimum bid amount change for a category?     Will the min bid per category change up or down as sailing gets closer or stay as is a set number?

Low numbers like that are unlikely to change - some higher category ones might.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...