RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

42 minutes ago, ValleyCruiser said:

Something odd has happened with my RoyalUp bid. I received an email inviting me to bid on a higher class cabin at the beginning of last week via RoyalUp for our Mariner sailing later this month on the 30th. I pondered a few days but decided to bid on an OS (we are in a GS) since the minimum bids per person was $100 ($200 total for cabin).

A week ago, I placed a bid of $125/person ($250 total) for the OS, and had been checking in every day to see if the status had changed, not really expecting to win the bid, but still hopeful. Every day since then, until today, the status was "Pending". However, today I attempted to check my bid and got the dreaded "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days" message, which of course it is, and when I click on the link to Modify my offer from RoyalUp that was emailed to me after I placed my bid, I get the screen that states my bid is still "Pending", but at the bottom there is a statement that says "There was an error". I also am blocked from modifying my offer; it says I am "Ineligible".

Has this happened to anyone else before who might can explain what their outcome was? I've also been checking with my TA on upgrading directly with them if the price gets within a range I find reasonable, but was curious as to why this is happening.

Yes, lots of others have posted this... and even I have gotten the be sure your within 30 days out message (which i am). It’s more than likely just a glitch on the website, check back later or sign in with a different browser... you may get a different message or maybe get in. Don’t worry about it... it’ll fix itself soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LINDAE3213 said:

Will the minimum bid amount change for a category?  For example my anthem sailing has min bid $100 for balcony    min bid $200 for JS.  This is per person.    Will the min bid per category change up or down as sailing gets closer or stay as is a set number?

Unpredictable.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just got a Royal Up invite for our 6 night Explorer cruise in 22 days time.

We are in an Ocean view Balcony cabin and they want £300 for JS and £970 for a GS upgrade.

Too much for us.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Too much for us.

Thanks Bob.

We thought the same.

This was our first Royal Up offer and if  they gave double C&A points I might have been tempted but they don't which on free upgrades I can understand but not when you are paying a lot extra to upgrade.

Edited by grapau27

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just got a Royal Up invite for our 6 night Explorer cruise in 22 days time.

We are in an Ocean view Balcony cabin and they want £300 for JS and £970 for a GS upgrade.

So, $750 US.

That's the minimum though, right.

I'd take that bid, but I doubt it's enough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, $750 US.

That's the minimum though, right.

I'd take that bid, but I doubt it's enough.

It just says From £160pp for JS and

£485pp for GS.

I believe Explorer still has a CL so as D+ we get access anyway.

We are on Allure next June and if we get offered then with CK and SL access I would take it.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It just says From £160pp for JS and

£485pp for GS.

I believe Explorer still has a CL so as D+ we get access anyway.

We are on Allure next June and if we get offered then with CK and SL access I would take it.

That's even less. I'd bid in a heartbeat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

So just booked a junior suite on Anthem December 8th Cruise.  Supposedly got the last junior suite.  So what perks do we get, double points I know, anything else worth knowing???

Access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner 

No dbl points if you bid for the upgrade

Edited by John&LaLa

Now I am even more excited!   We booked and bit the bullet on the price so we would get to Diamond Plus.  Didn’t really think we would get there yet but so happy we booked.  In the long run we kind of saved some money because we would have had to book at least one more cruise to get there.  Besides,my 70th birthday is in January so an early present to me🤪

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Now I am even more excited!   We booked and bit the bullet on the price so we would get to Diamond Plus.  Didn’t really think we would get there yet but so happy we booked.  In the long run we kind of saved some money because we would have had to book at least one more cruise to get there.  Besides,my 70th birthday is in January so an early present to me🤪

Still curious if you got your JS via the Royal Up program.

No dbl points if you purchased an OV or balcony and won a bid to get your JS