RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

So I guess we can always get a Royal Up offer for this cruise.

You'll already be getting double points for booking a JS.

You can Royal Up bid yourself online anytime that it becomes available, you don't have to wait for an email offer to do this.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Edited by Ashland

15 minutes ago, Ashland said:

You'll already be getting double points for booking a JS.

You can Royal Up bid yourself online anytime that it becomes available, you don't have to wait for an email offer to do this.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

They aren't within 30 day window yet.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They aren't within 30 day window yet.

Yes...and the reason I added "becomes available".

However....I sail on October 7th and easily put in an UpBid on July 26th.

I have never received an email inviting me to do this I just logged in and bid and have received

a confirmation from RCI for that bid and at this point in time it's still showing "pending".

Edited by Ashland
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, JBRN1982 said:

We sail next week on Sunday. Our offer is still pending. Is this a good or bad thing or can it still go either way? 

I know I'm not the only one that would like to see the cut off timing be at a minimum of one week from sail date.

Waiting for notice (at times) until the day before is a bit hard especially when spending some pre-cruise days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I know I'm not the only one that would like to see the cut off timing be at a minimum of one week from sail date.

Waiting for notice (at times) until the day before is a bit hard especially when spending some pre-cruise days.

Other than wanting to know I’m not sure how it changes anything about your cruise.  Would you actually do anything different knowing you had a different room?  Worst case you show up at the port and the porters make new luggage tags

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Rejections have been reported the day before the cruise.

On our last Equinox cruise, we were in a Royal Suite and bid for a penthouse- we were never notified if the bid was excepted- we even called and were told that we could be notified on board- never happened.  Said pending on the site.  

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Other than wanting to know I’m not sure how it changes anything about your cruise.  Would you actually do anything different knowing you had a different room?  Worst case you show up at the port and the porters make new luggage tags

In our case, yes I would do something different. If my bid from an Oceanview balcony on Harmony to Grand Suite was successful I would cancel our internet/Key prepurchases and possibly the unlimited dining package too. Leaving it till the day before probably would mean I couldn’t cancel those. 

Of course I don’t think the bid will be successful!

Wendy 

Edited by wendyam76

7 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

In our case, yes I would do something different. If my bid from an Oceanview balcony to Grand Suite was successful I would cancel our internet/Key prepurchases and possibly the unlimited dining package too. Leaving it till the day before probably would mean I couldn’t cancel those. 

Wendy 

That is something  for the concierge to deal with on board 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is something  for the concierge to deal with on board 

Yes, that’s true but I like to have everything sorted in advance and start a vacation relaxing! As I said probably totally a mute point as the bid will probably be unsuccessful but wanted to show why some people would want to know in advance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Yes, that’s true but I like to have everything sorted in advance and start a vacation relaxing! As I said probably totally a mute point as the bid will probably be unsuccessful but wanted to show why some people would want to know in advance

While I'd like to know in advance, but I wouldn't want to limit our chance of an upgrade.  As long as Royal allows appropriate cancelation of things bought in Cruise Planner I would take an upgrade even after we got on board.  

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Longer they wait, the more money Royal can make.

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

Cutting off a week before would not allow for winning bids on last minute cancellations, which is always a possibility.  

If your comfort zone is a week before, you can always cancel your bid a week before.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

In our case, yes I would do something different. If my bid from an Oceanview balcony on Harmony to Grand Suite was successful I would cancel our internet/Key prepurchases and possibly the unlimited dining package too. Leaving it till the day before probably would mean I couldn’t cancel those. 

Wendy 

You can cancel those items once onboard. The $$ amount spent will be given to you as onboard credit. If you don't use it or only partially use it, the balance will be refunded to the CC you used to book it. It's no big deal. 

Can someone please explain to me the notification of your BID.  I understand that you get an email to say if you received the BID and it could be up until the day before sailing - but i have read some people saying that they have checked the status online - do they mean your normal Royal Account with your upcoming cruises? or another Royal Up account? Thanks.

35 minutes ago, disneyfan74 said:

Can someone please explain to me the notification of your BID.  I understand that you get an email to say if you received the BID and it could be up until the day before sailing - but i have read some people saying that they have checked the status online - do they mean your normal Royal Account with your upcoming cruises? or another Royal Up account? Thanks.

Your normal Royal account typically shows the stateroom you have reserved.

1 hour ago, disneyfan74 said:

Go to Royal's main page...scroll down to where you see "Royal Up" … click on it. Then scroll to where you can enter your surname & reservation number. That will show you your current bid (s)s & their status. You can modify your bid from there or click another link (at the bottom of that page) to see other cabins to bid on.... 

On 9/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, crusinthrough said:

Cutting off a week before would not allow for winning bids on last minute cancellations, which is always a possibility.  

If your comfort zone is a week before, you can always cancel your bid a week before.  

I said it would be nice...No, after waiting so long I'm certainly not going to cancel...no point in that !! 

It seems several lately have gotten notices long before the day before cruise starts.

No harm in expressing what would be "nice" for many.