RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

They are supposed to be larger, but I'd have to look at the deck plan (assuming it's accurate) for the specific ship/categories.

We’ve booked on navigator of the seas we were on deck 11 cabin 1160 which to me looked like our room size was 198sq and balcony 50sq now we are on deck 7 and the room is 4sq bigger 202sq but our balcony went to 42sq 8sq less. I told them I would like the bigger balcony back as I thought spacious is actually losing 4sq of space overall. It’s for my honeymoon jut 2 of us so having a pull out bed was not a big deal. But my own fault I just saw upgrade and thought let’s splurge for the better room thinking everything was more spacious I put bid on JS and Spacious ocean view. Anyway what do you do.

3 minutes ago, Nikkstar said:

We’ve booked on navigator of the seas we were on deck 11 cabin 1160 which to me looked like our room size was 198sq and balcony 50sq now we are on deck 7 and the room is 4sq bigger 202sq but our balcony went to 42sq 8sq less. I told them I would like the bigger balcony back as I thought spacious is actually losing 4sq of space overall. It’s for my honeymoon jut 2 of us so having a pull out bed was not a big deal. But my own fault I just saw upgrade and thought let’s splurge for the better room thinking everything was more spacious I put bid on JS and Spacious ocean view. Anyway what do you do.

There have been several posts on this thread similar to your situation where folks ended up in a worse cabin than they started out it. You are not alone.  Congrats on your wedding

These posts have been very helpful to me this past week so I would like to add my scenario and how why I used royal up. First I should say when I book the Original room I had never been on royal cruise.  We are traveling with friends and we all booked a GTY ocean view on navigator-thanksgiving week its 4 day.   At time of booking my husband was leaving one contract job so I had set price point did not want to dip into savings just in case.  I was happy with the total price 1400 total for the four of us (daughters 10 and 16).....DH was able to move quickly to another job so thankful so by May we decided to take a quick 3 day to scout out the navigator just the two of us....we were surprised by how small the rooms were. We looked up pics of the ocean view room and can tell from the edocs we are on deck 2.  We have been on carnival,Disney, ncl, and princess  . We have never had a room with the kids floating above us in bunks as royal has in the deck 2 staterooms ocean view.   We enjoyed our royal cruise. It’s just our fault for not checking the bed situation. I guess to have sofa bed insert the word spacious (who knew).  So we kept checking prices to see what we could do...all options over 1000.  I read up from your nice blogs on royal up. It gave me great insight.  Checked prices of upgrading myself or purchasing another room.   Decided to bet max. 700.  Total price for the four of us after royal up 2100.  It is still 300 less than our cost would have been back a year ago as I still have price sheet I discussed with DH.   It is around 600 less than todays prices.  -Danielle 

I have 2 GS on Symphony.  Just bid on 1 of 2 reservations (the second GS is for the old folks and they're just fine there)for a 2bdr Aqua max bid of $3k each and half the max for Star Loft of $3k each.  If either is accepted I will be charged a total of $6k.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

I have 2 GS on Symphony.  Just bid on 1 of 2 reservations (the second GS is for the old folks and they're just fine there)for a 2bdr Aqua max bid of $3k each and half the max for Star Loft of $3k each.  If either is accepted I will be charged a total of $6k.  

How much are you in for the GS, if you don't mind?  

I do agree on bidding high for what you want

I’m cruising solo on Freedom in 17 days in an Spacious Ocean View Balcony and received an email offering me to bid on an upgrade.  Their offering a Junior Suite, GS 1, GS 2, and an Owners Suite. From what I can tell all the suites and balconies are sold out on my sailing.  A suite would be nice but I don’t really need all that room.   Thinking I will pass.

Edited by rhuntington3

12 hours ago, dolphingirl47 said:

I decided to place a bid last week on a Grand Suite on the 25th November sailing on Quantum. A few days earlier I paid a very small amount for a normal revenue upgrade from interior to alarge balcony cabin. I was offered upgrades to Junior Suite, Grand Suite and Owner's Suite. I bid £25 per person above the minimum, which was considered week. Today I got an email that my bid got accepted. I am now in a Grand Suite on deck 8. Now I have to find out what this gets me on Quantum apart from the Coastal Kitchen access, which is the main reason I did this. I was considering getting the ultimate dining package and this actually ended up being cheaper even if you take the revenue upgrade into account. 

Corinna

Out of curiosity, what were the bid options for Quantum?  Many thanks

Timeline for my royal up sailing November 25 navigator 4 day (45 days out)

email came for royal up tome and had my TA as a cc.   10/11

I am at Ocean View ( no balcony) GTY Edoc shows deck 2 

my offers to royal up (spacious ocean view balcony min 100 max 350)

also was offered  spacious panoramic suite ( no balcony) min 100 max 350.

We offered max on both total price 700 for upgrade (10/12)

I wanted to check on my bid panoramic suite showed expired and balcony showed pending but I no longer had buttons to modify or cancel (10/14)

I sent message to royal up to ask why(10/15)

Reply from Royal Up on 10/17 and email with offer accepted.  

Notes: 

we thought of trying to bid higher on suite and a litttle less on balcony so they could see suite first choice....after reading this blog you all have tracked this for a while...I could see blogs stating that’s not how it works they really don’t care what first choice is it’s what is best for royal up.    I told DH from reading blogs best chance high bid and early.  

This is just conspiracy theory in me but I feel like royal up locked in my bid and we’re just waiting to see if anyone booked balcony during that time so they could unlock or keep bid.....probably not but that’s what it felt like.   

All in our our price was 2100.  Family of 4     Spacious ocean View balcony.  Navigator Thanksgiving week.  Still 300 less than a year ago and 600 less than today’s price for same room.

Your blogs werevery very helpful and I thank you again for taking time to write experience to help others.   -Danielle 

• Like 2

I am doing the Royal up.  I was given 4 different rooms to chose from, so I decided to try for all 4.  Three are week bids just a bit over the lowest cost.  The fourth is a strong bid.  I checked last night expecting all to be rejected.  Three are pending and one is still open to modify.  All four rooms are for star class.  I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

To cut down on possible confusion by others reading this, the bidding is on cabin categories not individual cabins. 

Good explanation 

Truth be told, most STAR suites are almost alway individual cabins😉

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How much are you in for the GS, if you don't mind?  

I do agree on bidding high for what you want

I don't think I ever told you but we bid on the 2 bedroom Aqua Suite for our August Harmony cruise, (did not get it).  Bid $100 over minimum.  Starting bids were high but we still would have been in a Star class for a great price since the GS was so cheap.

• Thanks 1