RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought they were called Grand Loft and Royal Loft 

They changed the names last time they recategorized.  They are now Owner's Panoramic Suite and Grand Panoramic Suite.  This was presumably done to make the distinction that they are all on a single floor as opposed to the lofts which have two floors.  There is still a Royal Loft Suite, but that's an actual 2 story loft.

• Thanks 1

Just now, death_star said:

So an observation. We have self upgraded due to price drops on our upcoming Allure sailing to a 2C. It doesn't appear that our choices in RoyalUP have changed. 

We self upgraded from a balcony to a JS on the Harmony and about a week or 10 days later got a new revised RoyalUp offer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, death_star said:

So an observation. We have self upgraded due to price drops on our upcoming Allure sailing to a 2C. It doesn't appear that our choices in RoyalUP have changed. 

I think you need to move up a cabin type (balcony -> suite, inside -> balcony) before other options show up. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, death_star said:

Might take a bit for ROyal IT to catch up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, death_star said:

I got a new RoyalUp within hours of taking a free upgrade (due to drastic price dropping after final payment) from a CP Balcony to Spacious OV Balcony.  But I think they're really having a hard time filling this sailing...prices are getting stupid cheap.

I placed my bid for a RoyalUp offer about 2 weeks ago. I am just over 5 weeks before cruise now.  Everyone on my sailing is talking about how the edocs and luggage tags are available to print. Mine are not.  Does anyone have any experience if this is because of the RoyalUp? Only thing that would make sense to me. I haven't received notice either way but at least gives me hope I am still in the running. lol. 

I know there has been a lot of talk about if the RoyalUp is worth it.  Personally everyone should take a look at the prices for their individual sailing. For me to upgrade from an interior to a balcony on my sailing starts at $1,000 extra for the 2 of us in the room.  The min bid started at $360 extra for the two of us. . That to me seems worth taking a shot.  

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I got a new RoyalUp within hours of taking a free upgrade (due to drastic price dropping after final payment) from a CP Balcony to Spacious OV Balcony.  But I think they're really having a hard time filling this sailing...prices are getting stupid cheap.

Did you get a new email? I try my old email link,  same thing. For grins tried going to site and looking it up and it's updated there. 

Edited by death_star

If I bid on a RoyalUp offer and win, does Royal Caribbean assign me a new cabin? 

Do I have to accept it and pay the amount I bid if I don't like the location?

Or can I pick from all available cabins in the RoyalUp category that I won?

If I win the bid for a Junior Suite, would I receive double Crown and Anchor points?

2 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

If I bid on a RoyalUp offer and win, does Royal Caribbean assign me a new cabin? YES

Do I have to accept it and pay the amount I bid if I don't like the location? YES 

Or can I pick from all available cabins in the RoyalUp category that I won? NO , you will only win one 

If I win the bid for a Junior Suite, would I receive double Crown and Anchor points? No 

Edited by Tulsacoker
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Or can I pick from all available cabins in the RoyalUp category that I won?

While officially you are supposed to be stuck with whatever cabin RCI assigns, we have had at least one report of someone switching cabins within the assigned category to another cabin (kinda like GTY cabins).

• Thanks 1

I just rec'd an email from my TA about the Royal Up program for our cruise next month. However,  when I looked at several cruise sites there are no cabins available higher than our JS GTY.  I have a feeling the TA was a little late sending us this email. Do you agree that if the suites all show "sold out," there is nothing to bid on?

We just got our email for our Dec cruise on Adventure.  We are currently in an inside cabin on deck 8 (2 adults and 1 child).  We can bid on an ocean view stateroom starting at $40 pp or $180 pp for ocean view balcony.  As much as I would like the additional sq footage - about 10 sf I believe, I don;t want to end u on a really low deck.  Any advice?

14 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

I just rec'd an email from my TA about the Royal Up program for our cruise next month. However,  when I looked at several cruise sites there are no cabins available higher than our JS GTY.  I have a feeling the TA was a little late sending us this email. Do you agree that if the suites all show "sold out," there is nothing to bid on?

Not necessarily true.  What you see online is not always what is available.  There could also be last minute cancellations

Just now, abpplh said:

We just got our email for our Dec cruise on Adventure.  We are currently in an inside cabin on deck 8 (2 adults and 1 child).  We can bid on an ocean view stateroom starting at $40 pp or $180 pp for ocean view balcony.  As much as I would like the additional sq footage - about 10 sf I believe, I don;t want to end u on a really low deck.  Any advice?

If you bid on a OV balcony the lowest deck you could get given is deck 6  With an OV good chance of getting a lower floor

21 hours ago, death_star said:

Did you get a new email? I try my old email link,  same thing. For grins tried going to site and looking it up and it's updated there. 

Yes, got a completely new email.  My TA did send me an updated invoice when I made the upgrade, so perhaps that triggered it?

6 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Nope, good news is I don't agree 🙂

We were on a completely sold out Med cruise on the Oasis over the summer. We got our Royal Up email several months out and I finally got around to bidding 11 days from sailing. The ship had not had any cabins available for at least a week.

I thought what the heck and bid $100 over minimum for a completely sold out Crown Loft.  Was I ever surprised when I got an email just a few days later that we had won our CL suite.

So, even though it says sold out, there is the possibility it is not really sold out. 

• Like 1

Leaving 11/2 on Symphony and booked in regular balcony currently.  Submitted 3 bids for upgrades to JS, GS, and OS 2 weeks ago.  Checked today and bids for OS and JS say "Expired", but bid for GS says "Pending".  I checked my CC and no activity.  Thoughts???

17 minutes ago, robntawn said:

Leaving 11/2 on Symphony and booked in regular balcony currently.  Submitted 3 bids for upgrades to JS, GS, and OS 2 weeks ago.  Checked today and bids for OS and JS say "Expired", but bid for GS says "Pending".  I checked my CC and no activity.  Thoughts???

Did you bid high?  Pretty sure that's a very hot ticket

1 hour ago, robntawn said:

Rob, they are still sending me Royal Up emails for this cruise.  I have no interest in them especially since I have to pay for 2 nd I am solo. 

• Like 1