RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, snowbird1 said:

Rob, they are still sending me Royal Up emails for this cruise.  I have no interest in them especially since I have to pay for 2 nd I am solo. 

The whole process is cryptic.  There are reports on the website dealing with Faces that indicate acceptance of bid for 1000pp from balcony to GS on same sailing.

Got a RoyalUp on a sailing that shows as booked out (Voyager Singapore-Sydney Nov 16) I'm not interested as I chose my cabin with care but if the ship is fully booked, there would presumably be no available suites. How does that work?

7 hours ago, cme2c said:

How does that work?

About every other page in this long threads explain this - the offers still go out to gather marketing info (RCI gets to see what people are willing to bid) or in case of last minute cancellation (bids are lined up to fill a cabin).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, robntawn said:

Leaving 11/2 on Symphony and booked in regular balcony currently.  Submitted 3 bids for upgrades to JS, GS, and OS 2 weeks ago.  Checked today and bids for OS and JS say "Expired", but bid for GS says "Pending".  I checked my CC and no activity.  Thoughts???

Based on others in this thread, your guess is as good as anyone elses.  They say pending til they make a decision on if you want that bid. I think someone else reported this similar thing happening, but they one of the expired bids were accepted.  I could be wrong. I would assume you are still in the running for the GS and will find out by the night before your cruise. 

2 hours ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

Based on others in this thread, your guess is as good as anyone elses.  They say pending til they make a decision on if you want that bid. I think someone else reported this similar thing happening, but they one of the expired bids were accepted.  I could be wrong. I would assume you are still in the running for the GS and will find out by the night before your cruise. 

Here's the weird thing: I am unable to modify or cancel pending bid, and am unable to rebid on expired bids.  When I go to the direct URL for Royal Up and enter my name and confirmation number, it says I am ineligible for upgrade.  Weird all around.

13 minutes ago, robntawn said:

Here's the weird thing: I am unable to modify or cancel pending bid, and am unable to rebid on expired bids.  When I go to the direct URL for Royal Up and enter my name and confirmation number, it says I am ineligible for upgrade.  Weird all around.

I guess because they have your CC information now and an agreement so that probably covers why you can’t cancel out of course it probably should allow you to raise your bid.

1 hour ago, snowbird1 said:

I guess because they have your CC information now and an agreement so that probably covers why you can’t cancel out of course it probably should allow you to raise your bid.

The rules state that you can change or cancel your bid up to 2 days before sailing. It won’t let me do either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robntawn said:

I had the same happening last week Monday and then last Wednesday morning I had the email that my bid was successful.

Corinna

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I booked a balcony guarantee with a third party agency.  Received an Royal Up offer today, only to find out I am currently in a neighborhood guaranteeI am not happy.  I wanted an outside balcony, which is what I booked, or so I thought.  Should I wait for the agency to work for me, try my luck with a mystery upgrade or Royal Up?  Has this happened to anyone else?  Thoughts?  Thank in advance.

8 minutes ago, mcgore83 said:

I booked a balcony guarantee with a third party agency.  Received an Royal Up offer today, only to find out I am currently in a neighborhood guaranteeI am not happy.  I wanted an outside balcony, which is what I booked, or so I thought.  Should I wait for the agency to work for me, try my luck with a mystery upgrade or Royal Up?  Has this happened to anyone else?  Thoughts?  Thank in advance.

a balcony is a balcony (whether inside or ocean view) 

13 minutes ago, mcgore83 said:

I wanted an outside balcony, which is what I booked, or so I thought. 

With some TAs, it's not obvious that on O class ships there are two very different kinds of balcony GTYs; XB, the kind you wanted and XN, the one you got.

2 minutes ago, mcgore83 said:

Thanks Biker19, I am sure that is what happened.  Lesson learned.  Should I Royal Up?

Depends on how you addressed your request with the TA originally.  If you stated in writing you wanted an oceanview balcony guarantee or have it on your invoice as such, you need to work with the TA to make it right.

4 minutes ago, mcgore83 said:

Should I Royal Up?

It depends on much that ocean view is worth to you (and perhaps even where your current XN assignment is) -  before offering a bid, compare the price to upgrade yourself.

Edited by Biker19

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

About every other page in this long threads explain this - the offers still go out to gather marketing info (RCI gets to see what people are willing to bid) or in case of last minute cancellation (bids are lined up to fill a cabin).

Thanks for the reply. That makes perfect sense. As you say, this is a loooong thread and I didn't find such a post as I skimmed through. I am booked on only my second RCI cruise, so I had not encountered RoyalUp before. Perhaps a moderator could pin a FAQ to the top of the thread?

Thanks aain

21 hours ago, robntawn said:

Leaving 11/2 on Symphony and booked in regular balcony currently.  Submitted 3 bids for upgrades to JS, GS, and OS 2 weeks ago.  Checked today and bids for OS and JS say "Expired", but bid for GS says "Pending".  I checked my CC and no activity.  Thoughts???

today I could not access my account, my bid from Jr suite to grand suite was accepted this afternoon, my cls and os said expired