RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

I got a email today,we have a grand suite on voyager about 40 days time .

Strange all suites have been booked out for 4-5 months because a friend wanted one.

But we are offered 2 bedroom grand,owner’s and the Royal suite

why would they offer a upgrade if nothing is available?

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Strange all suites have been booked out for 4-5 months because a friend wanted one.

Market research is one possibility.

Another is that the inventory you see is not the full picture.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Helpful thread -- we bid on GS from a JS in response to RoyalUp email.  

We are on the ovation February and have a junior suite and would be interested in a grand suite.

Can I ask what the bid range was from junior to grand and how many nights.

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It only takes one cancellation at a cabin higher than yours to kick off a chain reaction of upgrades.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, phillychick said:

Thanks for the link. So I have to wait until my cruise is 30 days out to bid?

Not always.  I've gotten the email before the 30-day mark and was able to go through that link with my reservation.  My cruise over NYE I already got my RoyalUp bid accepted even and that's 60 something days out.

If you book through a travel agent sometimes they opt-out of the RoyalUp.  

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Not always.  I've gotten the email before the 30-day mark and was able to go through that link with my reservation.  My cruise over NYE I already got my RoyalUp bid accepted even and that's 60 something days out.

If you book through a travel agent sometimes they opt-out of the RoyalUp.  

do you have to sign up to get the email or is it a general email sent to everyone?

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, phillychick said:

do you have to sign up to get the email or is it a general email sent to everyone?

Thanks. 

You don't have to sign up to be able to go through the link. 

But the email and the bids will be specific to your reservation.  I don't know if there's a place that you have to sign up to allow that kind of communication or not.  I know that my travel agent has forwarded me the emails as she was CCed on them. 

Also, if you have two last names on a reservation you may want to try using the link with each of them to see if perhaps it is under the other last name.  

I have no idea what the trigger is for the emails to be sent or for the link to be activated, so can't really point you in any direction.  My advice is to keep trying and if you booked through a travel agent reach out to them to ask if they opted-out of the RoyalUp program.

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

But the email and the bids will be specific to your reservation.  I don't know if there's a place that you have to sign up to allow that kind of communication or not.  I know that my travel agent has forwarded me the emails as she was CCed on them. 

Also, if you have two last names on a reservation you may want to try using the link with each of them to see if perhaps it is under the other last name.  

I have no idea what the trigger is for the emails to be sent or for the link to be activated, so can't really point you in any direction.  My advice is to keep trying and if you booked through a travel agent reach out to them to ask if they opted-out of the RoyalUp program.

Thanks so much you’ve been very helpful.  I’ll keep trying the link. 

On 10/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, TimeToGetNauti said:

I placed my bid for a RoyalUp offer about 2 weeks ago. I am just over 5 weeks before cruise now.  Everyone on my sailing is talking about how the edocs and luggage tags are available to print. Mine are not.  Does anyone have any experience if this is because of the RoyalUp? Only thing that would make sense to me. I haven't received notice either way but at least gives me hope I am still in the running. lol. 

I know there has been a lot of talk about if the RoyalUp is worth it.  Personally everyone should take a look at the prices for their individual sailing. For me to upgrade from an interior to a balcony on my sailing starts at $1,000 extra for the 2 of us in the room.  The min bid started at $360 extra for the two of us. . That to me seems worth taking a shot.  

We are sailing on December 15 Harmony , got an offer about 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing either.  But, my luggage tags are available. 🤷🏽‍♀️ maybe I'm not gonna get upgraded...

23 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Hopefully one more question.  I received a RoyalUp email (YIPPEE) but it does state $200 double occupancy/pp for a Jr Suite... What if I'm traveling solo in a cabin - do they charge $400?  Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, phillychick said:

Hopefully one more question.  I received a RoyalUp email (YIPPEE) but it does state $200 double occupancy/pp for a Jr Suite... What if I'm traveling solo in a cabin - do they charge $400?  Thanks. 

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RoyalUP T&C says  Accepted offers will earn Crown & Anchor points at the original stateroom category purchased, and not the category of the upgraded stateroom. Upgrade does not include any additional promotions. 

So JS don't get double points but what about butlers, concierges and so on

I'd have no wish for them if I bid on a suite successfully.

43 minutes ago, pspercy said:

So JS don't get double points but what about butlers, concierges and so on

I'd have no wish for them if I bid on a suite successfully.

Other than the double points, you get everything a JS would normally get - RCI doesn't have butlers and you can feel free to NOT use any of the perks that come with a JS.

• Haha 1

You don't have to get an email offer to bid..We used the link and bid approx 4-5 months prior to our cruise.

Bid on a OS & RS...got neither but we were happy with our JS...thought why not try.

We bid in late June for our October Snowbird cruise early this month.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Edited by Ashland

On 10/24/2019 at 10:43 AM, marshaatn said:

Congratulations on your upgrade! For your sailing, were any suites showing up as available on the RCCL website? We are in a JS on the 11/23/19 sailing of the Rhapsody and have been offered the same bid terms. No suites have been showing available for months, but my past experience shows that this really doesn't mean anything. We were on the Oasis in June and our bid for an ATS 1 bedroom was accepted (we were booked in a GS), and those had not been available for many months as well. 

Congratulations again! 

Suites only showed available a few days before we bid.  It happened really fast.

16 hours ago, hockeymom71 said:

Hi. We received the RoyalUp email offering for us to bid on cabin upgrades.  We booked through a 3rd party. Has anyone put in a bid who booked with a 3rd party?  Did you contact the TA, or just do it through the link RC sent?  Thanks!

We are. I told them we put in bids but they had no feedback. From what I understand, the TA agencies can opt in and out of RU. We don’t sail for 30 more days. Got offers at 60 days out. Still waiting 🙂

23 hours ago, hockeymom71 said:

We are in a GS on the Explorer late November. I put in a bid for OS and GS with two bedrooms. I'll confirm back if we were upgraded.

Are you on the 11/29 sailing? Just wondered since we still haven't rec'd our GTY cabin assignment:)

Looking forward to hearing if you are upgraded.

Edited by ptf2009
typo