RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Email arrived Nov 20 for a Jan 12 cruise on Oasis

We are currently in a decent deck 6 OV Balcony near aft elevators

129431174_royalupoasis2.thumb.JPG.f808d6f5204b56846251061a9a14fb0a.JPG

412522741_royalupoasis1.thumb.JPG.3c3b22c965e739f61818c7bb1b4c5954.JPG

Mine came around the same time as yours did. Cruise date 1/26.  
same class room I think 

I noticed most all our rooms are sold out though.  So I’d guess not gonna happen.  
I kinda like my room anyway so no big 

3CD34AFE-FBEE-4BB5-9E6C-FF49E096D6E4.png

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Email arrived Nov 20 for a Jan 12 cruise on Oasis

We are currently in a decent deck 6 OV Balcony near aft elevators

I’m currently debating on waiting to see what is offered through Royal Up or moving from our current OV regular balcony to the guarantee suite, which is being offered at the best price I’ve seen so far for our March 1 sailing on Harmony.  
My worry is there are 4 of us, myself, my mom and my two teenagers. In the OV balcony I know the sofa is the trundle style which works ok. Are the suite couches actual pull outs?  If so that might change my mind as the two of them sharing a pullout, would not be pleasant for anyone. 
Thanks! 

1 hour ago, claudio said:

Im on qantum  of the seas  jan 9 ex singapore all i get on royal up is a message telling me to check if my sailings in the next 30 days

I take it royal up is not available ex Singapore 

Yes, it is. I placed a Royal Up bid for the 25th November sailing on Quantum out of Singapore and won my bid. Either it is not available on that particular sailing or if you booked through a travel agent, they may have opted out.

Corinna

5 hours ago, dolphingirl47 said:

Yes, it is. I placed a Royal Up bid for the 25th November sailing on Quantum out of Singapore and won my bid. Either it is not available on that particular sailing or if you booked through a travel agent, they may have opted out.

Corinna

i know some big box TA, etc. opt out of the royal up program but why?  they are depriving their clients of a great service.  I wouldn’t use that TA agin.  A great deal on an upgrade is so much better then a couple of perks 

48 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

i know some big box TA, etc. opt out of the royal up program but why?  they are depriving their clients of a great service.  I wouldn’t use that TA agin.  A great deal on an upgrade is so much better then a couple of perks 

I don’t get this either. It is not that this makes extra work for the travel agent.

Corinna

22 hours ago, chmusar said:

Last year on a cruise i was able to access the Royal Up website but have been told for my cruise in February you have to be invited to participate, can anyone tell me if this is the case 

Not the case.  We just went to the Royal up website and we weren't invited.  We did bid on an upgrade and haven't heard anything yet.

15 hours ago, dolphingirl47 said:

Corinna

Thanks corrina merry xmas

Looking for some suite advice. I’m currently debating on waiting to see what is offered through Royal Up or moving from our current OV regular balcony to the guarantee suite, which is being offered at the best price I’ve seen so far for our March 1 sailing on Harmony.  
My worry is the bedding options, there are 4 of us— myself, my mom and my two teenagers. In the OV balcony I know the sofa is the trundle style which works ok. Are the suite couches actual pull outs?  If so that might change my mind as the two of them sharing a pullout, would not be pleasant for anyone. 
Thanks! 

12 hours ago, tvlworm said:

Looking for some suite advice. I’m currently debating on waiting to see what is offered through Royal Up or moving from our current OV regular balcony to the guarantee suite, which is being offered at the best price I’ve seen so far for our March 1 sailing on Harmony.  
My worry is the bedding options, there are 4 of us— myself, my mom and my two teenagers. In the OV balcony I know the sofa is the trundle style which works ok. Are the suite couches actual pull outs?  If so that might change my mind as the two of them sharing a pullout, would not be pleasant for anyone. 
Thanks! 

• call.  the extra room, suite restaurant and lounge are so much better then a small oceanview for four. one might be on a folding bed.  The bunk beds aren’t so comfortable either.  except for small kids
  •  you could also get a junior suite.  tons of storage, less suite perks.  but huge compared to a regular oceanview

Edited by Cruise a holic

11 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Thanks! The folding bed, is that like a rollaway they would bring to the room?  The options for suites if you choose a room are pretty limited and showing only the GS, OS, CLS, or 1bd aqua suite.  I’m just not sure if $ wise I’d be better off waiting to see what’s available through royal up. 

So I’m currently booked in a standard balcony on the Harmony. Room is on deck 8, which I specifically booked that deck and room which is very close to the front elevators. I received a Royal up bid email. It has the Ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony listed. I was considering entering a bid since the extra room would be nice as we are a party of four. I looked and these rooms are on decks 7 and 11. Notwithstanding the cost, knowing if it were to be accepted that we don’t chose our room, would you try for this offer?

14 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

So I’m currently booked in a standard balcony on the Harmony. Room is on deck 8, which I specifically booked that deck and room which is very close to the front elevators. I received a Royal up bid email. It has the Ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony listed. I was considering entering a bid since the extra room would be nice as we are a party of four. I looked and these rooms are on decks 7 and 11. Notwithstanding the cost, knowing if it were to be accepted that we don’t chose our room, would you try for this offer?

I guess on how much is the bid?

I'm a firm believer in booking what you want (we are not a guarantee type family)- but everyone is different.  If your original factors are the most important to you, stick with your room.  If you want the larger on a specific floor, then see if you can change your booking to that type of room.  The royal up may not put you where you want to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

$200 pp minimum 

Did you check how much is the regular price to upgrade to those rooms?

I wouldn't do it we are a family of 3; Basically just go to the room to sleep, you can do more with those $400.00 in offshore excursion, Dining, Etc.. Just my 2 cents. 

Plus with royal up you might get a location that you don't want to be or you might not like.

Edited by luisc25