Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

Don't 100% hold me to that but I have not seen any indication that you can add people to a room that you Royal Up too

Per Royal, they will only.offer you a royal up bid for the same capacity room of your orogonal booking. Not sure that's true but that's what the person on messenger said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tennislvr8 said:

Per Royal, they will only.offer you a royal up bid for the same capacity room of your orogonal booking. Not sure that's true but that's what the person on messenger said. 

Don't dispute that's what they say but i have been offered Royal Up for two bedroom suites many times for my wife and i. Not sure where royal is seeing we we dont sleep in the same bed 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Its says to make sure your info is correct or that its 30 days out.

Folks have reported and I have experienced being able to bid without an e-mail and more than 30 days out. That error just means you can't bid, which could change at any time inside final payment. Also, some TAs have opted out of Royal Up, so if you booked with one of those you will never be able to bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

Per Royal, they will only.offer you a royal up bid for the same capacity room of your orogonal booking. Not sure that's true but that's what the person on messenger said. 

 

I wanted to add that I've been offered Royal Up recently on capacity 6 room when I'm currently in capacity 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting, like previous poster...what is the average time before your sail date, that you found out your bid was accepted?  Anyone??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently 62 days out 

 

and I got the wait till 30 days window.....

 

just letting those who are curious know..... not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. Lol..... 

 

Either way, I am gonna be on Anthem 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

Per Royal, they will only.offer you a royal up bid for the same capacity room of your orogonal booking. Not sure that's true but that's what the person on messenger said. 

I think that what they were trying to say is that if you have 2 people in your current room then only 2 people will be eligible to go into the new room regardless of its capacity.

 

The terms of the Royal up program clearly state that only the occupants on the existing reservation will be added to the new room.  You cannot combine reservations if you had 2 cabins and one won a bid for a larger cabin that could accommodate all the guests. 

 

This would be a a great option for Royal to add.  Many families travel in 2 cabins.  If they allowed both cabins together to bid on 1 cabin such as the 2 bedroom GS, Aquatheatre cabin or any other cabin that comfortably held 4 or more they could potentially get a higher bid amount and also then free up two additional cabins to move others into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, beccaewert said:

and I got the wait till 30 days window.....

No, you don't - we have reports of folks being able to bid Royal Up more than 30 days out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, you don't - we have reports of folks being able to bid Royal Up more than 30 days out.

I understand what other folks have reported....

 

But I can also read what it told me when I tried to put a bid in on the website...

 

it denied me and gave me the 30 day popup.....

 

I'm not here to argue with anyone,...... I believe that both parties are getting different things .... just stating what happened to me when I tried yesterday, that is all....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beccaewert said:

it denied me and gave me the 30 day popup....

That error is just some made up number that RCI uses to perhaps keep some folks at bay - if you are not eligible to bid you get the same error inside 30 days. You are not eligible to bid because the system doesn't allow anyone on that particular sailing (or you booked with a non-participating TA), not necessarily because you are more than 30 days out. When RCI wants to, at any time, they can ask Plusgrade (the company that runs Royal Up) to allow bidding. You or may not get notified.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That error is just some made up number that RCI uses to perhaps keep some folks at bay - if you are not eligible to bid you get the same error inside 30 days. You are not eligible to bid because the system doesn't allow anyone on that particular sailing (or you booked with a non-participating TA), not necessarily because you are more than 30 days out. When RCI wants to, at any time, they can ask Plusgrade (the company that runs Royal Up) to allow bidding. You or may not get notified.

 

 

 

Again, I do understand this

 

I was just sharing information with what I experienced.... isn't that what this thread was for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beccaewert said:

. isn't that what this thread was for? 

Yup, I was just adding context to others who read this and think they could never bid outside of 30 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

Still waiting, like previous poster...what is the average time before your sail date, that you found out your bid was accepted?  Anyone??

 

Mine was accepted about 2-3 weeks out, GS from JS.  I did bid fairly aggressively, since it was a special occasion.  This was on Anthem 9 night NE sailing last September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the notice my bid was accepted 3 weeks out. From a owners suite to a star loft suite. I also tried to bid before I got the email offer and it said you are over 30 days out and wouldn’t let me bid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tesam said:

I received the notice my bid was accepted 3 weeks out. From a owners suite to a star loft suite. I also tried to bid before I got the email offer and it said you are over 30 days out and wouldn’t let me bid. 

How aggressive was your bid?  I got an email and have bids in for the Star Loft and 2 Bedroom Aqua Theater-both slightly above minimum?  I am currently in a GS.  I love the GS so will be happy staying put, but I thought a bid was worth a try.

Edited by Southern latitudes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

 

Mine was accepted about 2-3 weeks out, GS from JS.  I did bid fairly aggressively, since it was a special occasion.  This was on Anthem 9 night NE sailing last September.

 

Thanks for answering!  🙂  Congrats on your great upgrade and special occasion!  🙂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tesam said:

I received the notice my bid was accepted 3 weeks out. From a owners suite to a star loft suite. I also tried to bid before I got the email offer and it said you are over 30 days out and wouldn’t let me bid. 

 

Congrats to you as well, and thanks for the info!  I am two weeks out before sail date...guessing I am SOL.  😞 

Enjoy that star loft!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

Thanks for answering!  🙂  Congrats on your great upgrade and special occasion!  🙂  

 

It was a great upgrade!  First time suite for us.  It was hubby's 59th birthday, and he has always wanted a suite when it was affordable.  I kept it secret and surprised him as we were flying out to NYC for the cruise.  😊

 

We have now booked our first GS for our 35th anniversary this coming December.  I will bid on a loft, if given the opportunity, just to surprise him again.  While I won't pay the price listed for one, I will bid a small part of that price.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

I am two weeks out before sail date...guessing I am SOL.  😞   

 Don't give up!  We met people at our M&M on the same cruise bid and get a star suite just less than a week out.  Can't remember which one, though.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Southern latitudes said:

How aggressive was your bid?  I got an email and have bids in for the Star Loft and 2 Bedroom Aqua Theater-both slightly above minimum?  I am currently in a GS.  I love the GS so will be happy staying put, but I thought a bid was worth a try.

I bid $1500.00 a piece which was still $7000.00 less for the star loft than I would have paid had I booked It when I booked the cruise. I feel so lucky to have gotten it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

that because your in the southern hemisphere

 

 

That explains why you all comment on the sales start on Tuesday but I’m like hey they actually start on Wednesday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of disappointed leaving for our cruise tomorrow and have heard nothing on our bid.. I bid the maximum $2000 for the 2 bedroom Grand suite.  I bid the first day the email came.   We are Diamond plus and traveling with our family and grandkids.  It would have been so nice to have the extra room to gather in the Suite.  I was  kind of hyped up about it and then the let down just before we leave

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, carolv712 said:

Kind of disappointed leaving for our cruise tomorrow and have heard nothing on our bid.. I bid the maximum $2000 for the 2 bedroom Grand suite.  I bid the first day the email came.   We are Diamond plus and traveling with our family and grandkids.  It would have been so nice to have the extra room to gather in the Suite.  I was  kind of hyped up about it and then the let down just before we leave

 

My Magic 8 Ball says at 6 ish tonight you will get an email saying your bid as not been accepted. Sorry, I can shake it again? 

Edited by Tulsacoker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, carolv712 said:

Kind of disappointed leaving for our cruise tomorrow and have heard nothing on our bid.. I bid the maximum $2000 for the 2 bedroom Grand suite.  I bid the first day the email came.   We are Diamond plus and traveling with our family and grandkids.  It would have been so nice to have the extra room to gather in the Suite.  I was  kind of hyped up about it and then the let down just before we leave

 

I understand the excitement — get SO excited every time I check my email and see Royal Up, but it’s the notifications for this thread 🙂 
too am bracing myself for the eventual let down. I didn’t place a max bid, or even a strong one for the options we had available, as all of the room types listed in the offers have been sold out for weeks or more.  We still have about a month to go so I guess things could change but not expecting to be a winner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...