RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

4 minutes ago, DerekDun8 said:

The porters will be able to look up your room and print tags. 

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Porters at the luggage drop off area have blank tags. 

Thank to both of you and doubly awesome that they were matching answers:)

Here’s one for the experts.

We have 2 separate bookings through the same agent,4 people.

Both bookings what to upgrade to a grand suite,There’s a two bedroom grand suite available with RoyalUP and the agent.

We where thinking of sharing the 2 bedroom grand suite.

How would we go ?,I think it would be to complicated.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Chiliburn

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Both bookings what to upgrade to a grand suite,There’s a two bedroom grand suite available with RoyalUP and the agent.

Any thoughts?

Are you asking if it would be possible to combine two bookings into the single two-bedroom grand suite?

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Any thoughts?

Royal does not allow adding reservations together. We had friends who were two adults two kids try to upgrade two balconies to 1 suite for all four and were told you can not combine.

10 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

Royal does not allow adding reservations together. We had friends who were two adults two kids try to upgrade two balconies to 1 suite for all four and were told you can not combine.

I thought that would be the case.

Thank you 

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes

While it is possible to add two people to a reservation, you would still be dealing with the complete cancellation of another booking, and the associated penalties.  I doubt it would be cost effective.

No royal up for us yet.

Good luck chiliburn on upgrading! 

There are are still heaps of balconies available on this sailing. plus suites 

hoping that royal will firstly upgrade chilburn and then work its way down to us in the inside cabins. 

My question is. If you do get your upgrade paid fairy room. Can you change the room allocated ie 6D to another one in the same category allocated ie another 6D.

reason is that I have 2 interconnected rooms inside currently as I have my autistic brother and son to care for as well as giving my father in his 70’s a break from caring,

52 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Can you change the room allocated ie 6D to another one in the same category allocated ie another 6D.

While policy says no, others have reported being able to move, just like with a GTY assignment. This is under US booking rules, not sure about Aussie rules.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:43 PM, cgolf1 said:

So hypothetical here to plan ahead a little. We have  a bid in and lets say it gets accepted 24 hours out and we are at our hotel. How are the bag tags handled? Would we need to find a way to get new tags made at the hotel? 

I really doubt our bid will be accepted, but want to be prepared if it is.

They will take care of it at the port. I had the same question when I called Royal. No worries.

• Like 1

Have been holding out for small hope to finally score an upgrade with a strong bid, but alas...not happening again.  Several suites were showing for months on next week Vision.  As of yesterday....every one of them has disappeared..."poof"!!  

No charges on my credit card...so...was not me that got lucky...lost out again.  😞  

On 1/25/2020 at 8:35 AM, Esilef said:

No royal up for us yet.

Good luck chiliburn on upgrading! 

There are are still heaps of balconies available on this sailing. plus suites 

hoping that royal will firstly upgrade chilburn and then work its way down to us in the inside cabins. 

Still no upgrade offers?

It’s probably because you have connecting rooms and probably a linked reservation.

So to upgrade you they would have to have connecting rooms.Which would be unlikely.

If you get two balconies you can open the divider on the balcony.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:39 AM, Esilef said:

My question is. If you do get your upgrade paid fairy room. Can you change the room allocated ie 6D to another one in the same category allocated ie another 6D.

reason is that I have 2 interconnected rooms inside currently as I have my autistic brother and son to care for as well as giving my father in his 70’s a break from caring,

If I understand the question 

From what I understand if you’re upgraded and you don’t like the cabin you’re stuck with it.You can’t change it to a similar category.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:09 PM, Nemomof3 said:

Follow up question... I have 2 cabins (1 for my husband and me and 1 for our teenage kids). We were offered a bid on a 2 bedroom suite. Im wondering if I did a bid and was accepted, could our kids stay with us in the 2 bedroom suite (we would not cancel their original cabin but it would not get used either) I know their key cards would not work for the suite but they would be with us... 

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Still no upgrade offers?

It’s probably because you have connecting rooms and probably a linked reservation.

So to upgrade you they would have to have connecting rooms.Which would be unlikely.

If you get two balconies you can open the divider on the balcony.

Still no upgrade offer for us. I do suspect it because we have 2 connected rooms which are linked. Oh well we are a deck down from the pool and will live there!

5 hours ago, Jkvoss said:

Follow up question... I have 2 cabins (1 for my husband and me and 1 for our teenage kids). We were offered a bid on a 2 bedroom suite. Im wondering if I did a bid and was accepted, could our kids stay with us in the 2 bedroom suite (we would not cancel their original cabin but it would not get used either) I know their key cards would not work for the suite but they would be with us... 

Yes, they can sleep wherever they like but they would not get any perks associated with the suite booking.

Also, you are "assuming" you might win the bid- if you really want a suite, book it for four.  Your teenage kids can sleep on the large queen sized couch and the suite might have an additional bed that would be brought in.   Everyone in the suite will have access to suite perks.  If you can book a crown loft, you also have two bathrooms and great closet space.

Price it out, may work for you.

We don't travel much, this will be our first big vacation... when I booked,  the two joint cabin option appeared to be the most cost effective at the time. We are blessed with what we already have so will not be disappointed if we don't get the upgrade. Thank you for information. This is also my first time using cruisecritic, very neat! Lots of nice people and helpful info on here. Thank you

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jkvoss said:

We are on board right now and did a royal up to a Star Loft suite. Our adult son and his girlfriend are in their own room but our Genie has included them in our reservations for everything we’ve done. In our emails before we boarded I told her who we were traveling with and she said they would be included no problem. I hope you get your bid accepted this has been amazing!!!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canmilitarywife said:

I was told you can be notified right till the morning of departure for royal up offer being accepted.

Urban legend... 😉 

just kidding. I have not personally seen it or personally know someone that has happens to. Doesn't mean it has not

Edited by Tulsacoker

59 minutes ago, Tesam said:

We are on board right now and did a royal up to a Star Loft suite. Our adult son and his girlfriend are in their own room but our Genie has included them in our reservations for everything we’ve done. In our emails before we boarded I told her who we were traveling with and she said they would be included no problem. I hope you get your bid accepted this has been amazing!!!! 

I can see the included, but did they need to buy a dining pkg to eat with you outside of in room dining?

Are they allowed in the SL?