RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Have you decoded your SetSail pass barcode for one?

34 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes it still doesn’t show a cabin yet. 

And now it shows a cabin. 9586!  Good score for me. Spacious OV balcony on the hump. I think it is cat. 1D we had a 6B guarantee so I’m glad I held off bidding. I would have just wasted 200.  

2 hours ago, mishapsandmissy said:

Was RoyalUp’d today for our cruise on Oasis sailing In two days-Sunday, Feb 23. Started out in a Grand Suite for 4 of us a few doors down from the rest of our family that are staying in a 2 bedroom Grand Suite. Bid the minimum on several cabins and won with $950 for a Crown Loft! We’re thrilled as we stayed in one for honeymoon and the kids have always begged to stay in one! Sorry, fam! See ya in the lounge, haha! 

We won too! Same cruise.  We’ve gone from GS to Crown Loft for $950 CA or $680 US.  Very happy.  We got the accessible one for some reason, 1742. Nice big room and larger balcony! Score!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, louv2000 said:

We won too! Same cruise.  We’ve gone from GS to Crown Loft for $950 CA or $680 US.  Very happy.  We got the accessible one for some reason, 1742. Nice big room and larger balcony! Score!

Should say $900 CA, couldn’t edit for some reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stompy said:

but the issue isn’t the sleeping arrangements, it is the Star Class benefits. They wouldn’t get Genie service

You are correct. Last cruise we had 2 balcony cabins. One of our offers was the 2 bedroom Aqua Suite. I made several calls before I bid and was told that under no circumstances could I add our children to our suite if we won. You only pay for 2 people on the bid so they don't allow you to add another cabin of people too. 

We ended up just bidding (and winning) the minimum for a CL. We bid on a jr suite for the kids but lost that one.

If both cabins want Star perks, you would have to win 2 bids to star class, one for each cabin.

Edited by cured

We just got back from the Harmony. We won a bid from an owners suite to a Sky loft suite. Our son and his girlfriend were in a balcony cabin. Our genie included them in all of our shows and dining reservations. Some specialty restaurants charged us for them some did not. We were celebrating my son’s graduation from flight school and new job. I asked her if we could throw a party for him in our suite and she decorated and had food and a special cake for him. Even if your children aren’t upgraded I’m sure your genie will include them in your requests. Ours went above and beyond to make sure our vacation was amazing. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, stompy said:

but the issue isn’t the sleeping arrangements, it is the Star Class benefits. They wouldn’t get Genie service

23 hours ago, stompy said:

Since I'm sailing on the Navigator, I don't think there is Star Class or Genie anyways...correct?

I will be a first time cruiser end of January 2021.  I'm with a very large group booked for a retirement cruise.  I don't mind going off on my own and doing my own thing with my husband.  I've been researching rates a few times a month to see if there are any changes.  I'm currently booked for a Balcony Ocean View ( I have to see the water and be near fresh air).  My question is I noticed a pretty decent rate decrease ending in a little over one day. It's would put me in a JS for about $1K ($500pp) more than I currently paid.  Being that I am so far out, do the rates get even better?  There are plenty of JS available right now.  I just don't know when they start to get sparse, and if I should wait for a Royal Up bid to get the BEST rate while taking a chance that I will ruin my vacation with a big letdown the night before I cruise.  Please share your thoughts.

4 minutes ago, CruzintheBL said:

I will be a first time cruiser end of January 2021.  I'm with a very large group booked for a retirement cruise.  I don't mind going off on my own and doing my own thing with my husband.  I've been researching rates a few times a month to see if there are any changes.  I'm currently booked for a Balcony Ocean View ( I have to see the water and be near fresh air).  My question is I noticed a pretty decent rate decrease ending in a little over one day. It's would put me in a JS for about $1K ($500pp) more than I currently paid.  Being that I am so far out, do the rates get even better?  There are plenty of JS available right now.  I just don't know when they start to get sparse, and if I should wait for a Royal Up bid to get the BEST rate while taking a chance that I will ruin my vacation with a big letdown the night before I cruise.  Please share your thoughts.

If you really want a JS, do not wait and definitely do not depend on getting upgraded through a RoyalUp offer.  Even if the rates do go down after you have upgraded, you can reprice as long as you aren't past final payment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

If you really want a JS, do not wait and definitely do not depend on getting upgraded through a RoyalUp offer.  Even if the rates do go down after you have upgraded, you can reprice as long as you aren't past final payment.

Thank you.  I've never been on a cruise and am not sure that I would not be happy with a regular balcony, but in looking over the pictures and options of a JS, I'm thinking I would love the extra space on an 8-day cruise.

• Like 1

I bid a little over $100 over the min per person for Aqua 2 Bed and Sky (Star) Loft from existing Crown Loft L1 on the Allure 2/16 and didn't get it.  Mainly bid it for Star benefits as we are happy with the CL and location on 17th Floor.  

Edited by iceberg1116
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, louv2000 said:

The accessible crown loft is amazing! So much space. It just happened to be available when I booked last year. My mom doesn't do stairs well so worked out great for us. She never once did the stairs in the suite, always used the elevator.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DCL2RCI said:

Just curious, when were you notified that your bid was accepted and how far in advance did the genie contact you? 

We were notified about 3 weeks out and the genie contacted me about a week and a half before we boarded. 

• Thanks 1

Bid on my cruise 3/18 about two weeks ago. i check today. and the grand suite shows expired, 2 bed grand suite expired, but shows the owners suite "pending" and no way to cancel or update. Does that mean anything?