RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, S904 said:

Bid on my cruise 3/18 about two weeks ago. i check today. and the grand suite shows expired, 2 bed grand suite expired, but shows the owners suite "pending" and no way to cancel or update. Does that mean anything?

that's what i keep hoping to see as we sail sunday....but all mine are still pending....so not looking good right now for us.... good luck, I think you got it

6 minutes ago, JeffKoz said:

that's what i keep hoping to see as we sail sunday....but all mine are still pending....so not looking good right now for us.... good luck, I think you got it

Me too, sailing on Sunday. This is my 4th cruise to try and Royal Up. So far all unsuccessful..I am
trying to get from JS to RS or OS. 
(Liberty).

We are sailing on the Independence of the Seas leaving in 1 week (March 2nd)  We bid on a Grand Suite 1 Bedroom, and it still shows "pending", so its not looking too good.  Either way, we are happy with our Ocean View Balcony.  Just curious, if anyone received an upgrade on this sailing.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:30 AM, S904 said:

10 Day Cruise - Currently Booked in Junior Suite - Voyager of the Seas
Min bid is listed below. Only 2 of us travelling on our honeymoon. 5 port days 4 sea days.

Royal Suite - $700 per person

Owners Suite - $450 per person
Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom - $200 per person

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom - $150 per person

What's the play here?? Is it worth it for Grand v Owners? D+ first time in a Junior Suite, so going to love it either way. Super tempted by Royal Suite but really don't want to spend 1400$

Planning on going 250 for grand and 460 for owners. I think main question is owners worth it?? 

Update: GOT THE EMAIL!! ACECPTED! Owners Suite here I come for 10 days! Originally had paid $1415 pre port fees for a Junior Suite and Free Gratuities. So in total paid just about 2K per person for 10 days for an owners suite! l

Final bids:

Grand Suite 1B - 350
Grand Suite 2B - 400
Owner Suite - 475 - Accepted!
Roayl Suite - 710

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, S904 said:

Update: GOT THE EMAIL!! ACECPTED! Owners Suite here I come for 10 days! Originally had paid $1415 pre port fees for a Junior Suite and Free Gratuities. So in total paid just about 2K per person for 10 days for an owners suite! l

Final bids:

Grand Suite 1B - 350
Grand Suite 2B - 400
Owner Suite - 475 - Accepted!
Roayl Suite - 710

Yeah, so happy that you got it! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

We’re 13 days out right now. Jewel, from Dubai. I got a Royal Up offer just now. 

We have a balcony guarantee, and we’re happy with our room. But the ship has been seeming very empty, lots of empty cabins in all categories. I’ve been watching to see if an upgrade to a Jr Suite might be worth it. Until yesterday, it was about 1000€ more than we paid. Not worth it. 

Today, all of a sudden, balconies show as sold out when there were tons yesterday, and there are no more suite guarantee cabins available (but still lots of suites empty). 

Royal Up shuffle I guess. 

I put a bid on a Jr Suite and the 2 bedroom suite (no balcony). Fingers crossed. 

On 2/24/2020 at 10:38 AM, S904 said:

Bid on my cruise 3/18 about two weeks ago. i check today. and the grand suite shows expired, 2 bed grand suite expired, but shows the owners suite "pending" and no way to cancel or update. Does that mean anything?

Where do you look to see if your offer has expired or is pending?

23 hours ago, JeffKoz said:

I am on Oasis this Sunday as well and received another RoyalUp email this morning saying it's not too late to bid on an upgrade.

8 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I am on Oasis this Sunday as well and received another RoyalUp email this morning saying it's not too late to bid on an upgrade.

ol...interesting....all 4 of my bids still show pending....i'm above minimum, but still not much hope at this point.

Some Crown Loft Suites opened up on our next cruise.  We're currently in a GS with RoyalUP bids on a GS 2 Bed and an Owner's Suite.  If we upgrade to the CL Suite what happens to those offers since they'd technically be downgrades?  

Also, for things like the VILLA, Skyloft Suite  and the Aqua 2 Bedroom, would my minimums be reduced since I was in a higher category room?

18 minutes ago, stompy said:

Some Crown Loft Suites opened up on our next cruise.  We're currently in a GS with RoyalUP bids on a GS 2 Bed and an Owner's Suite.  If we upgrade to the CL Suite what happens to those offers since they'd technically be downgrades?  

Also, for things like the VILLA, Skyloft Suite  and the Aqua 2 Bedroom, would my minimums be reduced since I was in a higher category room?

Once you upgrade yourself,  I believe  you can cancel bids. They may send another royal up invite, depending on sale date. 

1 hour ago, stompy said:

1 hour ago, stompy said:

50 minutes ago, vickic233 said:

Once you upgrade yourself,  I believe  you can cancel bids. They may send another royal up invite, depending on sale date. 

51 minutes ago, vickic233 said:

Cancel bids- correct.  The crown loft is wonderful!  So much better then an owners or grand suite.  You get two bathrooms and great storage!!  Our favorite suites on the ship.  We have had grand suite and owners suite!!!

13 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Cancel bids- correct.  The crown loft is wonderful!  So much better then an owners or grand suite.  You get two bathrooms and great storage!!  Our favorite suites on the ship.  We have had grand suite and owners suite!!!

Agree. CLS is nice, but not being near the windows with the bed upstairs, and having to go up and down those stairs all the time...IMHO I prefer the GS or OS.  In fact had a CLS booked for next summer on Allure, then later changed to an OS.  Was actually 400 more to do so.  Love the big open space in the OS, and huge bathroom.  All personal preference of course.  😉 

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree. CLS is nice, but not being near the windows with the bed upstairs, and having to go up and down those stairs all the time...IMHO I prefer the GS or OS.  In fact had a CLS booked for next summer on Allure, then later changed to an OS.  Was actually 400 more to do so.  Love the big open space in the OS, and huge bathroom.  All personal preference of course.  😉 

Actually, you have an amazing view of the water from upstairs- two stories!  Electronic curtains.  The steps aren't steep and are well lite if you want at night-  The grand suite, I kept banging into the coffee table in the living area-  The owners suite is better as it is bigger- but not having two bathrooms and paying more for an owners suite doesn't make sense to me, unless you are handicapped.

As you say- personal preference of course!

15 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually, you have an amazing view of the water from upstairs- two stories!  Electronic curtains.  The steps aren't steep and are well lite if you want at night-  The grand suite, I kept banging into the coffee table in the living area-  The owners suite is better as it is bigger- but not having two bathrooms and paying more for an owners suite doesn't make sense to me, unless you are handicapped.

As you say- personal preference of course!

Yup, nice to have choices!  🙂

Edited by island lady