RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 3/10/2020 at 10:10 AM, islandwannabee said:

I bid on a grande suite, sailing Friday in 3 days and noticed lots of jr suites available, so wanted to bid on one of those, went to change my offer and it won't let me change or bid on anything, says pending. Does anyone know what that mean?

For me it meant, upgrade to grande suite, funny though I didn't get email, just went to print my luggage tags and they say the new room number. I'm very happy.

• Like 2

Hubs and I are on the Majesty on March 21. We have an interior room mid ship on deck 4. We have contemplated putting in a bid for an ocean view since it's only $20 a person. Hubs mentioned that we could get a "worse" location and that is his reason for not doing it. I kind of feel like we should. BUT here is my question.... if we bid and are accepted, and then decide to use the 48 hour sail with confidence program- what happens? Would we know that we have been given the upgrade by the 48 hour window? Can you cancel a cruise with a pending bid? I'd love your thoughts on this situation.

I called in and upgraded our room and canceled the bids for the cabins below the status of the new cabin.

On another RoyalUP post they said the upgrades would be re-rated but so far I still see all the same #s and it says I'm in the original cabin on the RoyalUp page.

Does anyone have any experience or advice?  I did email the royal up folks but haven't heard anything back

Was waiting until after final payment (which is tomorrow) for my June Grandeur cruise to do an upbid going from GS to OS.  Still one OS showing.  

Not needed.  The OS dropped below what I paid for the GS, getting that for no extra charge, PLUS getting 283.00 back on my credit card (I had made final payment already).  

Reverse upbid.  😉 😄 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, stompy said:

I called in and upgraded our room and canceled the bids for the cabins below the status of the new cabin.

On another RoyalUP post they said the upgrades would be re-rated but so far I still see all the same #s and it says I'm in the original cabin on the RoyalUp page.

Does anyone have any experience or advice?  I did email the royal up folks but haven't heard anything back

I just looked and my RoyalUP rates have been re-rated to lower prices for the April 19th sailing on Liberty.  

I just got the email this morning to bid on our Apr 27 cruise on Mariner. Put in bids on a JS and a GS. We’re currently in a spacious ocean view balcony, and if bids aren’t accepted we’ll still be happy. No harm no foul. Now I’m just hoping all this craziness dies down and we don’t end up cancelled (or needing to cancel due to travel restrictions!). Fingers crossed!

25 minutes ago, MrsMuffin said:

I just looked and my RoyalUP rates have been re-rated to lower prices for the April 19th sailing on Liberty.  

ours got done this morning

$400 less for each category

it is interesting that A1 and A2 are lumped into just one category

Yeah we're not hopeful at this point.  Years ago we sailed on Liberty's 3rd Voyage and they had a Norovirus outbreak.  They put enhanced cleaning measures in place-things like wiping down every surface with bleach, clothes were ruined, Windjammer was not self service so the lines were wrapped around the deck.

Even if they don't extend the ban I'm not sure we want to go.  Ports are denying entry, there's the risk of quarantine-even with a CL I don't want to be stuck in the cabin for 2 weeks.

We are waiting to see what Royal decides to do in April before making any decisions

On 3/13/2020 at 11:07 AM, stompy said:

ours got done this morning

$400 less for each category

it is interesting that A1 and A2 are lumped into just one category

RoyalUP just cut the bid prices in half, so now a 2Bed Aqua Suite is just $250.  I went ahead and bid but I doubt our B2B on 4/19 and 4/26 will actually sail...

• Like 1

General RoyalUP question here...booked a guarantee central park balcony on Oasis, pretty much convinced we won't be sailing come April 12 but wondered how the process works with RoyalUP. I booked through a TA, I have a room assignment already...but on the RoyalUp website when I type in my info to potentially bid on an upgrade I'm met with the "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days (which it is) Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered (there are not)" error window.

Is this because it's a cruise likely to be cancelled? Is it because I booked through a TA or booked a guarantee rate?

Just looking for some insight into the program. TIA!

35 minutes ago, arsenic74 said:

Is this because it's a cruise likely to be cancelled? Is it because I booked through a TA or booked a guarantee rate?

No. Maybe (your TA doesn't participate), or it could be that your sailing is not taking ANY Royal Ups.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 2

General RoyalUP question here...booked a guarantee central park balcony on Oasis, pretty much convinced we won't be sailing come April 12 but wondered how the process works with RoyalUP. I booked through a TA, I have a room assignment already...but on the RoyalUp website when I type in my info to potentially bid on an upgrade I'm met with the "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days (which it is) Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered (there are not)" error window.

Just looking for some insight into the program. TIA!

I was getting the same message when I tried to check on our royalup bid. So I tried putting my roommates last name instead of mine, and it opened up the bid. Interesting because I made the bid and used my credit card, not hers. So it may be using the name of passenger 1.

Just an FYI about my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

49 minutes ago, cruisedaddoc said:

RC has docked all ships until at least May so that’s likely why you are getting the error. 

Where are you seeing the May info?  The website says April 11th still, which is pretty unlikely

• 1 year later...