50 thousand questions about Caribbean Princess, okay really only a few ;)

MeghanNRileysMom

Firstly, I have to say... this board is AMAZING with info. I usually surf the DISboards, as we are frequent visitors to the Mouse House. You people give the DISers a run for their money in regards to quality, up-to-date, and quickly given information! Thank you SO much!

I'm interested in finding out about the kid's facilities onboard the ship. I know about the kid's club, and I'm assuming it's similar to the offerings on the Grand (which we sailed on in 2002). Aboard the Grand, they had a small deck area near the kid's club that had a play area and a pool/sprinkler area that was shaped like a whale. Do they have something similar aboard the Caribbean?

What drink offerings will be available for my 5 and 8 year old. They are used to drinking bottled water and/or juice boxes such as Capri Sun, etc. Do they have lemonade available? Do I need to purchase a soda card for each of them or can I get them a Sprite with my card?

I know I have a ton more questions, thanks in advance for any help!

~Cebi

We took our 5 and 8 year old grandchildren on the CB in May, 2005. There was an indoor and outdoor play area and I really can't remember about the pool. The kids both loved going to the area. There are no drink boxes. You can get juice with breakfast (and take extra back to the stateroom if you wish). Water and iced tea (not sweet tea) are free. The kids each had their own soda sticker to get their soft drinks. There was no lemonade. I brought individual size "Crystal Light" to make my own.

We were on the CP in July. It was very kid friendly. The Kid Zone is a program for the little ones in a private area very well protected. Picture ID is needed to take them out. There are two separate areas, our 4 year old was in one program and our 8 year old in another . The people working there were very good and both kids loved them. We had a hard time getting the kids to leave.

You can take them to the "Zone" on formal night, they will feed them and otherwize occupy them until you pick them up. You will be given a pager, so you can be summoned at any time. The movies by the pool were also a big hit with the kids. They played Wizard of Oz one day and had "Dorothy and the scarecrow" walking around handing out candy. It was a lot of fun.

We are going back on the CP Feb 4 to experience the adult version We were so busy with the kids during the day we never sa a show or went into a club.

Enjoy! I know the children will

This is a fantastic board! My husband can't believe the information I've obtained from it!

When are you traveling?

We'll be on the CB from March 18-25 with our 5.5 and 6.5 year olds. They're as excited as we are - we're all cruising virgins. ;)

I've heard wonderful things about the kids activities on the CB. My children are eager to check it out. I was wondering what the outdoor facilities are like - how secure they are (Are there railings? What is the pool depth? etc.). Does anyone know if the children are able to wander from inside to outside on their own? Or do they go as a group (with supervision)?

Firstly, I have to say... this board is AMAZING with info. I usually surf the DISboards, as we are frequent visitors to the Mouse House. You people give the DISers a run for their money in regards to quality, up-to-date, and quickly given information! Thank you SO much!

I'm interested in finding out about the kid's facilities onboard the ship. I know about the kid's club, and I'm assuming it's similar to the offerings on the Grand (which we sailed on in 2002). Aboard the Grand, they had a small deck area near the kid's club that had a play area and a pool/sprinkler area that was shaped like a whale. Do they have something similar aboard the Caribbean?

What drink offerings will be available for my 5 and 8 year old. They are used to drinking bottled water and/or juice boxes such as Capri Sun, etc. Do they have lemonade available? Do I need to purchase a soda card for each of them or can I get them a Sprite with my card?

I know I have a ton more questions, thanks in advance for any help!

We took our whole family (six children, spouses, six grand children and a few others) on the Caribbean in '04. The children thought the play area ....just for them was the best thing on the whole trip. It is a little hard on sea days ....you have to pick them up for all meals (they don't want to go!) Buy them a coke card ....unlimited coke products (including sprite)....it is almost identical to the Grand with a few new wrinkles.....We arre going back in a couple of days to enjoy the kid free version. You will have a ball!:cool:

Archived