ATL Dining

Saildude16

In a couple of months we'll have a 5 hour  connection in ATL for our flight to EZE.  Since departure is not until 2223 we'll dine before boarding.  Recommendations of nice restaurants in/nearby the international terminal would be appreciated.  Open to all cuisines.  Have done internet research, but am looking for first hand experiences - both good and bad.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Saildude16 said:

In a couple of months we'll have a 5 hour  connection in ATL for our flight to EZE.  Since departure is not until 2223 we'll dine before boarding.  Recommendations of nice restaurants in/nearby the international terminal would be appreciated.  Open to all cuisines.  Have done internet research, but am looking for first hand experiences - both good and bad.

Thanks.

The Varsity - the best hot dogs and chili you will ever have. 

I can't really answer (other than the Varsity) because I never ate dinner in the terminal but Varsity is an Atlanta landmark.

In addition to OFS, I've had good experiences with Ecco in F concourse and Cafe Intermezzo in B concourse. 

ATL has a common airside area for all gates foreign and domestic, and its good for your health to walk around between flights to reduce the odds of DVTs soI encourage you to roam freely throughout all areas on that side of security.  

Keep in mind, you can take the train or walk to other terminals.  International terminal is F.  You can walk/ride to A,B,C,D,E.  If you have that much time you may walk to walk.  They recently re did the underground walkways and it can kill some time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

Keep in mind, you can take the train or walk to other terminals.  International terminal is F.  You can walk/ride to A,B,C,D,E.  If you have that much time you may walk to walk.  They recently re did the underground walkways and it can kill some time.

The 'rainforest tunnel' between A and B concourse is actually a really cool art installation. As long as I've got time, I always make sure to walk through it. 

• Thanks 1