What is the one valuable lesson you learned on your first cruise 🚢

Mommawo

2 minutes ago, emoorehead said:

I hope you are being facetious.......but I get the impression you are not.

Nope not at all..   Back  in the 90's when 3 day cruises were all out no sleep parties a lot of stuff happened. The best part no one was walking around with a cell phone taking random pictures of people letting loose on vacation.. Great time. No names will be given of all that we partied with to protect the innocent 

• Like 2

On my first cruise, I learned to never, ever stand too close to the action during the glow party on deck.  When the party crew started throwing the little glow-in-the-dark rings, I was literally elbowed in the chest and blocked out like a basketball player waiting on a rebound by a teenaged girl.  I hope she enjoyed her little 10 cent toy.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, wms99 said:

I am not a snob, but I do grind my own and like a good cup in the morning. With that said, the coffee they serve on Lido isn't at that level. Not even close. Average at best. But, and this is a big BUT, you get your cup and sit out on the aft deck and watch the sun come up over the gulf, or other water. That is something that makes up for a lot of average coffee. By day 2 or 3 you start looking forward to it. Plus there is the pay for good coffee place, Starbucks of the seas.

Could we bring a French press? This is our first time cruising. We buy whole bean  from a local roaster and grind them fresh each morning. We love dark roasted coffee ️ 😄

Not my first but DW's first I learned a 3 day cruise is not worth an eight hour drive! Not long enough to relax and enjoy the cruise.

But at least now we know she don't hate it so next time we can take a longer cruise maybe from a closer port.

I was with a large group and we all wanted to eat together.  Our first mistake was not going to the maitre d in the dining room when we boarded and making sure we were all linked together.  It took 2 days of dining (7 day cruise) before it was corrected.  This was back in 1998, doubt it would take that long today.