Pics of Gelato Menu & Pub Lunch Menu (Royal Princess Nov 17-24/18)

DimSum

8 hours ago, cruiseintoheaven said:

Very odd - we disembarked the Royal on the 17th - 4 sea days and NO pub lunch at all - someone in our group spoke to a crew member who said it was going away fleetwide....

That is odd.  We embarked the Royal on the 17th.  The pub lunch was posted in the Princess Patter on our last sea day.  That is how I came upon it.  Otherwise I would have never known about it unless I walked by the Crown Grill/Wheelhouse Lounge at lunch time..

8 hours ago, cruiseintoheaven said:

Very odd - we disembarked the Royal on the 17th - 4 sea days and NO pub lunch at all - someone in our group spoke to a crew member who said it was going away fleetwide....

Interesting!! I don't like the lines, we haven't been in a long time, but I suspect it's a $$ thing.  Princess figures it's an alternate dining venue, better to find something they can charge for, like Salty dog at lunch time (they tried that for a while).  So, I am sure they will replace it with something that will cost us more.  I think I'm becoming cynical in my old age!  :classic_smile:

Jenny 

12 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Interesting!! I don't like the lines, we haven't been in a long time, but I suspect it's a $$ thing.  Princess figures it's an alternate dining venue, better to find something they can charge for, like Salty dog at lunch time (they tried that for a while).  So, I am sure they will replace it with something that will cost us more.  I think I'm becoming cynical in my old age!  :classic_smile:

Jenny 

Hi Jenny!  I hear you....for me it’s the consistent inconsistency that irks me more than anything.  We were never huge fans of the pub lunch but did appreciate it and go now and then....oh well. Are you gearing up for your annual Hawaiian Christmas cruise?  Ken and Darlene are doing a RT from LA 15 day in late March - wish we could go but too much time off work for Tom:(.....

1 hour ago, cruiseintoheaven said:

Hi Jenny!  I hear you....for me it’s the consistent inconsistency that irks me more than anything.  We were never huge fans of the pub lunch but did appreciate it and go now and then....oh well. Are you gearing up for your annual Hawaiian Christmas cruise?  Ken and Darlene are doing a RT from LA 15 day in late March - wish we could go but too much time off work for Tom:(.....

Lynn, I agree, those inconsistencies irk me too!

Yes, we are so ready for our cruise!! Everyday my youngest tells me how many days are left. He's in countdown mode. I think he has it memorized!  It's not like he's looking at a calendar! He's 10!

March is a great time to go to Hawaii, but I'm already going on a cruise with my mom and sister (Panama Canal) 🙂 

I understand the time off thing. I too would cruise more if I could get away from work more!!  We booked another California Coastal in 2020 because we had so much fun when we went last time!  This time out of SF.  

I wish we could have joined you all on the last cruise, but I keep getting in trouble for booking too many cruises!  🙂  

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Now the fun for Christmas is upon us!  Our Fake Christmas is before we leave on our cruise!  Happy Holidays!

Jenny

8 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Lynn, I agree, those inconsistencies irk me too!

Yes, we are so ready for our cruise!! Everyday my youngest tells me how many days are left. He's in countdown mode. I think he has it memorized!  It's not like he's looking at a calendar! He's 10!

March is a great time to go to Hawaii, but I'm already going on a cruise with my mom and sister (Panama Canal) 🙂 

I understand the time off thing. I too would cruise more if I could get away from work more!!  We booked another California Coastal in 2020 because we had so much fun when we went last time!  This time out of SF.  

I wish we could have joined you all on the last cruise, but I keep getting in trouble for booking too many cruises!  🙂  

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Now the fun for Christmas is upon us!  Our Fake Christmas is before we leave on our cruise!  Happy Holidays!

Jenny

Haha....can’t blame your little guy for doing a countdown - I still do it for cruises every single time!  We enjoyed the California Coastal and would like to do another - I think leaving from San Fran would be great as it’s one of our favorite cities.  Merry Christmas to you and your family - have a wonderful cruise!!  🚢🎄🎅🏻🌞

• Like 1

• 2 months later...