First sailing in two weeks - boarding question

gskimmel

Sometimes you can board as early as 11 AM.   We have always been able to board by noon.... but your suite is unlikely to be ready before 2.   We usually have a leisurely lunch on board and by the time we are finished, the suite is often ready.   Reception will store your carry on items if you wish.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, gskimmel said:

Thank you.  I don't mind the suite not being ready so we will arrive around noon.

Brumagin1 is spot on.

Be prepared for a very speedy boarding, quick check-in and first glass of champagne while you do so. :classic_smile:

Enjoy...... and dont forget if you can, to tell us how you got on with your cruise with your overall thoughts with a review.... and better still if you can manage, a live sampling as you go!

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

If you finish lunch early, that's a great time to explore the ship from top to bottom  - so many "hidden" spots to discover.   As soon as you are able to get in to your cabin, check the folder on your desk for the Chronicle which will have the activities for the afternoon.  After the muster drill there will be a pool deck welcome where you'll be introduced to the staff.  So much to look forward to.  Don't forget to post your thoughts.  Bon voyage.

13 hours ago, Pagetrvlr said:

Are you on Dec 11 sailing?   We are — our first SS — SO excited.  

YES!!  That is our sailing. Can’t believe after all this planning we will be on her next week at this time. 

Last year we sailed the Muse in the Western Caribbean. We boarded early and toured the ship. Well worth the early boarding. Beautiful ship and met many nice people. I went off topic below, but the Western Caribbean distracted me, sorry...

Very enjoyable, but thought some of the shore time was short, especially Belize. In our opinion the only disappointing port was Santo Tomas. Sailing into the port was beautiful with the mountains, clouds & sun, but the waters were littered with trash and the port was pretty barren. The resort we went to was ok and the food was fair. I guess we were spoiled with the food on the ship. Also, the captain of the Muse was excellent. The tugs were ready to help, but he docked it smoothly without tug assistance.

The captain/driver of the speedboat to the resort said they were going to build a larger cruise ship terminal past the resort, in cleaner waters. He also told us that they try to keep the bay clean, but when heavy rains come, trash gets washed out of the mountains into the sea.

Loved all the food on board, our favorite restaurants were Indochine and La Terrazza. We decided to cancel La Dame and Seishin, not a fan of paying additional on an "all inclusive" cruise. But we have a reservation for La Dame this March on Silver Spirit, not sure if we will keep it???

I keep forgetting how beautiful my wife is...

20180318_081415.jpg

20180318_081626.jpg

Karen and Doug Santo Tomas.jpg

Karen at Alantide.jpg

Karen at Indochine.jpg

Edited by krnndug
Original reply was a little off topic