Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

I have a friend back home who adores spiders. In fact, she had one who had built a web inside her food pantry. When I saw it I offered to get rid of it. She refused adamantly. She said it was her little friend. The same girl used to refer to me as Tom Cruise (Not because I look like him, but the cruising) During the election in 2016 she started calling me Ted Cruz... Pictures are still not uploading, so I'm trying to entertain myself...

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Memes upload, no problem. Pictures, not so much... Not at all in awhile. Battery at 1%

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your vacation to do this live review.   It is greatly appreciated. Welcomed anticipation for our February sailing. 

• Like 3

Back on the Google pixel II XL... Unfortunately, the pictures from today are on the Droid. This process, which used to be fun with the app, is just tedious and infuriating with the new improved website...

I would like to give you some more stories and pictures from today, but I've just wasted several hours of my precious vacation time in a futile attempt to do just that.

I have to be up really early in the morning to meet my catamaran for a trip to Norman Island, the Caves, and the Indians... I just had dinner at the MDR and listened to the lady at the table next to me talk about how many designer purses she has. Crocodile, python, Chanel, Gucci, ect... I think I'm going to have a couple more drinks and call it a night. I'll bring the pixel to see if I have any better luck with it...

• Like 2

Let's try it with the pixel... Back at mojito bar for cowboy special...

***Update: after three attempts and about a half hour still no picture upload even with the pixel... I'm done with this for tonight. Will try again tomorrow... Thanks for making it this far, even though it looks like things are pretty much falling apart...

IMG_20181204_184700.jpg

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Let's try it with the pixel... Back at mojito bar for cowboy special...

***Update: after three attempts and about a half hour still no picture upload even with the pixel... I'm done with this for tonight. Will try again tomorrow... Thanks for making it this far, even though it looks like things are pretty much falling apart...

IMG_20181204_184700.jpg

No worries!  Hang in there and enjoy your cruise for now!  Do a "Post Review" which will be entertaining and informative as well!  Don't stress nor throw phone(s) overboard.  That is never a good thing as is "System Updates are Ready to Install on Phone." Good things never come from that either!  LOL!  Simply enjoy your cruise and get back to us when you get home 🙂

• Like 1

Bong is holding court at the waterfront mojito bar... Telling jokes and balancing drinks on his head... I needed this after a frustrating afternoon attempting futilely to post...

We'll try it one more time, for Bong...

IMG_20181204_191450.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Bong is doing his full fledged magic show right about now... He's not only a great bartender, but a master of performance art as well...

If you've never had the pleasure of sailing with him, you need to do it some day..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Ok, I just spent the better part of the afternoon trying to upload a couple of pictures. Then it wouldn't even let me login at all. Now I'm finally logged in, and the battery on my Droid is nearly dead. I spent the afternoon drinking and attempting to post, and I'm this close to smashing my phone and chucking it overboard.

The spider... Ahhh, the spider. To tell you the truth, he must have escaped at some point, because when I got back on board I dumped everything out and it wasn't there. I really am not a fan at all of spiders. I kill them whenever I find them in or around my house. I'm sure they serve their purpose, most of which is to give me the heebee jeebees... I'm not particularly scared of them, I just find their angular body structure repulsive. Anyhoo, I have no idea what really happened to it...

No. No spiders. 

Remember Arachnapbobia!!??!!

i hope you left that monster back on the island!

aside from the arachnid interlude, your report is great! And hilarious! 

If the internet is making you crazy, just take pics, make notes, and report when you get home!

we appreciate your time, but don’t waste your vacay!!

• Like 1

The beach looked amazing. The spider story freaked me out a little (read LOT). I couldn't have left the spot until I saw the spider leave the bag...thanks for sharing your vacation and I am sorry its become so stressful trying to upload photos (would make me order more drinks!!). Weather looks wonderful and I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

• Like 1

Awesome live thread - thanks! I'll be on Bliss on December 15th and can only aspire to make as good use of the UBP as you've done. 

For photo upload failures - you could try uploading them to an imgur <dot> com album (really? forum censors?), copying the direct link, and then "Insert other media > insert image from URL" when posting here. Might alleviate timeout issues if the problem is indeed uploading large amounts of data to these forums. 

Anyway, please keep posting even if the pictures don't upload. It'd be good to know what restaurant availability is like and whether go-kart reservations are completely out of reach at this point, given the Folding Chair Fiasco doesn't seem to be a large point of contention anymore. 

Edited by ev98
Got censored
  • Like 1

I'm going to try and get this thing back on the rails again. I'm going to just focus on the ship instead of every single drink or whatnot. My style of writing is a train of thought type thing, and if I'm having to focus so heavily on the process, the narrative itself will suffer. Thanks again for all the comments. It's the only reason I keep continuing with this thing. Here's to a great day, and a better connection later on...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1