Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Thanks again for following and for your complements... See ya'll again about a month for the Breakaway review!...

Don't worry, we'll be here following your adventure. For me, I'll probably be kicking myself for not booking the cruise you're on next but... I just can't seem to pull the trigger.  Living vicariously through you is the best I can do for right now.  Enjoy your cruise and all the best in your job hunt/expectations.  

• Like 1

actually logged into your review today to see when you"re going on breakaway cruise. sorry about the job change, luck with new one.  agree about cc website harder to navigate, maybe they're trying to keep our minds sharp.

91 days and counting down to my breakaway cruise in april! can't wait to read your review of breakaway, enjoy your trip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Sid,

It is snowing and cold where I am.  I have not cruised in a few years.  Thank you for writing such a wonderful report along with fabulous pictures where I could cruise vicariously through you!  I just spent the past few hours reading the entire thread/adventure.  Cruising (and writing about cruising) is great therapy...I remember cruising often and writing about them knowing a day would come when I could not do it for a lengthy period.  You always have your reviews to refer back to.  I look forward to reading your previous reviews and I look forward to your Breakaway February review.  I will always be grateful for cruising, cruise critic, writing reviews and for the people who appreciated them....that ended up being such an important component in my life during my forties.  Best of wishes in the new year and I will pray it all works out for you with new job.  In the meantime, did you notice the spider on your shark shirt in the return pile of clothes picture?  

coka:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 12:56 PM, sid_9169 said:

Thanks, OceanBlueWaters... I agree that the new site sucks, particularly when trying to post from a mobile device using a less than great WiFi connection (which is all that's available on board a ship) I have already found another job, though it's much more physically demanding than my last, and I'm not getting any younger... I will be coming back at you all with another review soon, although, the ship and port portion will have to wait until my return. I simply refuse to go through the frustration of attempting to upload from a less than ideal connection. In this regard, the "play by play" aspect will be lost, which is the part I enjoy the most. When I see something worthy, I go with it... I'm going to have to take a lot of written notes this time, in order to try and put up something cohesive and interesting... We'll see what happens... 

Thanks again for following and for your complements... See ya'll again about a month for the Breakaway review!...

Kudos (not really) to CC for "upgrading" the site.  Do they know they "downgraded" by "upgrading"?  Oh wait...they are "smarter" than us!

Anyway, I will miss your play-by-play due to CC overhaul.  In the meantime, hang in there. One day at a time...

🙂

• Like 1

So sorry about your job loss, and I really hope that the new one will be good to you. I read earlier this week that CC is working on getting the app live again. Supposedly, it's already working for Android and iOS will be soon to follow. Here's hoping it happens in time for your next cruise! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So sorry about your job loss, and I really hope that the new one will be good to you. I read earlier this week that CC is working on getting the app live again. Supposedly, it's already working for Android and iOS will be soon to follow. Here's hoping it happens in time for your next cruise! 

I hope this is true... There may yet be a "LIVE" in my future...

• Like 1

Sid!  Sorry to read about your unexpected job change - how is the new job going?  Hopefully you like it??  Justin and I send well wishes your way for a great new year full of everything you want.

Btw, have you tried Patron XO Cafe?  It's sweet but great.  Even friends who don't like coffee or tequila love it.

Edited by Just Jo
  • Like 2

Hi Sid!

Thank you for posting all of those great pictures!  It was like reliving the cruise! :classic_cool: Your pictures showed me so many things that I missed and didn't appreciate on the cruise, too.

I noticed that you mentioned that the Escape is still your favorite, which is something that many people say.  What is it about the Escape that makes it a favorite for you?   🙂

Diann :classic_smile:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Diann24 said:

Hi Sid!

Thank you for posting all of those great pictures!  It was like reliving the cruise! :classic_cool: Your pictures showed me so many things that I missed and didn't appreciate on the cruise, too.

I noticed that you mentioned that the Escape is still your favorite, which is something that many people say.  What is it about the Escape that makes it a favorite for you?   🙂

Diann :classic_smile:

Thanks, Diann24... I suppose the main factors for my love of the Escape boil down to Pincho Tapas and Bayamo... That, and the awesome multi level ropes course with two planks and zip line. In addition to that, it was the ship that I hosted the CC meet & greet on 3 separate occasions, thus Jovo the hotel director somehow treating me like a celebrity...

17 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Thanks, Diann24... I suppose the main factors for my love of the Escape boil down to Pincho Tapas and Bayamo... That, and the awesome multi level ropes course with two planks and zip line. In addition to that, it was the ship that I hosted the CC meet & greet on 3 separate occasions, thus Jovo the hotel director somehow treating me like a celebrity...

Yes, I did really miss not having a ropes course on the Bliss.  The ropes course is something that I usually do about 3 times a cruise.  Even though it terrifies me at times, I enjoy the challenge of it.

I didn't do the cars on the Bliss; I only looked at them, and they were cool to watch.  Did you try them?  Or the laser tag?

46 minutes ago, Diann24 said:

Yes, I did really miss not having a ropes course on the Bliss.  The ropes course is something that I usually do about 3 times a cruise.  Even though it terrifies me at times, I enjoy the challenge of it.

I didn't do the cars on the Bliss; I only looked at them, and they were cool to watch.  Did you try them?  Or the laser tag?

No go karts and no laser tag for me, only eating and drinking... I believe the new ship, the Encore will also have both, which I'm not really excited about... In addition, the laser tag course has taken over what is traditionally Spice H2O...

1 hour ago, Bajan Keith said:

Fantastic Review!! Really enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks very much, Bajan Keith... I had a lot of fun doing it, and sharing my experience with the fine members of Cruise Critic...

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 10:13 AM, sid_9169 said:

I love this artwork outside the district brew house. Spent brass casings...

IMG_20181203_100032.thumb.jpg.6d30206ee5cf7a8dc33aabc6d30cf255.jpg

IMG_20181203_100040.jpg

Wow, it's a small world after all... I just started a new job this past week at ADAC (Atlanta decorative arts center) and I was browsing in one of the showrooms. They had a few pieces almost exactly like these. Well, it turns out that this art installation was done by a local Atlanta artist named Joseph Guay... The piece they were selling was going for $25,000, but I think I could build one for less. Anyhoo, just thought that was interesting......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 7:01 AM, Lupush said:

Reading your Vista review and just got to the point where the biker snorted the Fireball.  Almost hurled.

I had a friend in college (80's) who used to snort whiskey...

Gave a whole new meaning to the old phrase...

"Let's have a little snort"

Hi Sid,

i just binge read this live Bliss review. Thanks for doing it. I did a semi live review of the Bliss inaugural Panama Canal cruise 5/10/18. It was very time consuming and frustrating uploading pics. I guess you just have to consider that you are in the middle of the ocean trying to connect with the outside world. I still have 100s of pictures on my phone that I don’t have the heart to delete yet. Anyway, if you don’t mind me hijacking your review for a second, I want to post some pics of that smoky old fashioned that you missed in the Haven. Amir is the mixologist/best bartender (besides Cowboy and Bong).

2A867F58-8884-4FA4-BD6C-85ECBA5F0441.jpeg

0333B70D-D120-4F6C-BF61-9F9D6EAC01F2.jpeg

7F642905-5B11-4787-9021-8A9880B65BFC.jpeg

37CA8452-F40A-4FCD-99FA-67FE3038959A.jpeg

7C43E1FA-066C-45BF-AC88-311C2E2DAE2A.jpeg

61A02149-34EE-44F5-9676-1F2A2B8F8745.jpeg

Really enjoyed your posts, thank you for sharing them and taking the time to do so. I was on the Bliss previously in Alaska and going on her again soon. How soon does Vibe sell out? and what time did they begin loading in the morning? What time would you suggest someone who wants to buy vibe to arrive at the port?

I appreciate your time (and anyone else) who answer this.... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EganFire said:

How soon does Vibe sell out? and what time did they begin loading in the morning? What time would you suggest someone who wants to buy vibe to arrive at the port?

I appreciate your time (and anyone else) who answer this.... 

There is no definitive time as to when Vibe will sell out, but on our recent Bliss cruise, it was sold out at 11:15.  There were only 25 passes available to the general public.  Even if you get there at 900 am, there is no guarantee.  Depending on what time the ship clears the previous week's passengers will determine what time they let the new ones on.  Could be as early as 11:00 or so.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EganFire said:

Oh wow, who do the other passes go to?  I had no idea it was this limited. 

In general, there are 75 available per week.  The first 50 went to those with status.  Those staying in Haven, B2B cruisers and those having priority embarkation rights based upon how often they have cruised with NCL in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 1:27 AM, Von & John said:

Sid  --  Thanks for a Fantastic Review...  Wishing we'd seen it "Live"  Currently following your Breakaway Review & planning on reading the Magic & Vista Reviews...  Enjoy your Trip on the Breakaway!

Thanks for the support, Von & John... I'm sad that it's over, and I'm doing what I can to get another "Cruise Countdown" going...

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 2:34 AM, cruisequeen4ever said:

Thank you for taking us along on every cruise! 

Thanks for following... Hopefully, if I find a new place that I can afford, I will have something booked soon, and we'll do it all again...