Cruising from Port Liberty

sellwingri

Planning a cruise on Anthem OTS out of Port Liberty next year and have a couple of questions.  Do you sail by the Statue of Liberty and if so, how soon after you sail do you pass by it?  What’s a reasonable time for a flight home from Newark after disembarkation?  

This is the view you'll have of the Statue of Liberty when docked (it's further away than this, I used a zoom lens here) and as you leave the pier to turn to the Verrazzano.  No sail by as noted above.  

Enjoy your cruise!

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 138east said:

The ship is usually docked so that the statue is visible from the port side and when she pulls out, the statue remains on the port side.

Agreed.  We've been on Anthem twice, both times docked so that the bow is facing toward the Hudson, which means, as you say, that the Statue is visible from the port side.    (My photo above was taken from our balcony, on the port side.)

I realize the OP is asking about Anthem OTS but Celebrity, depending on marine traffic and other considerations, periodically cruises up to the Statue of Liberty and then does a 360 degree rotation in front of it.  Certainly doesn't happen on every cruise out of Bayonne, but I have been on the Celebrity Summit when it has happened.

The Newark airport is very close to Bayonne.  In our case we take a late afternoon Alaska Airlines direct flight to Seattle to pick up a connection to Alaska.  Parts of the Newark airport are miserable with long lines through security at times (yes -- even with TSA pre-check and a first class ticket), but a noonish flight should be manageable.  

• Like 1