Live from Nieuw Statendam Premier Voyage, December 2018

Vict0riann

Vict0riann-NS-Banner.jpg.ee22be6d2afc1ab2f9f7e06caff3026c.jpg

We don't leave Civitavecchia until December 5, but we wanted to start the thread a bit early, so that others on the roll call can join in.  We have an amazing roll call, over 200 people, and I'm sure we will have an amazing cruise!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We don't leave Civitavecchia until December 5, but we wanted to start the thread a bit early, so that others on the roll call can join in.  We have an amazing roll call, over 200 people, and I'm sure we will have an amazing cruise!

I love your graphics Ann 😄 Really well done!

Looking forward to your reports very much.

Madeira has some lovely flowers at very reasonable prices if you want some added beauty in your cabin for crossing the pond 😉 

• Like 1

Thank you, VMax, KK and Copper and Jacqui - and I have to send a big thank you to POA1 for the wonderful banner he designed for us. 

I'm packed, Pat isn't.  He is a speedy packer, but I do have to monitor as one time he forgot to pack any shirts - fortunately I had stuck one of his shirts that I particularly like, in my suitcase.  So now I check!  We are flying out at 6 a.m. on Sunday, meet Sailingdutchy and his DW in Toronto, and fly on from there to Rome, where we arrive at 9:30 a.m.  I am not happy about the flights, but I think most flights to Europe are red-eyes.   Monday in Rome is expected to be rainy, but Tuesday is forecast to be sunny and 18 degrees (celsius - 66 Fahrenheit), so should be nice.  

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

That looks like a great start of our cruise ladies , hope I can contribute a bit while on board with you . 

Maybe testing all the delicious treats at the Grand Dutch Cafe ..............looking forward to it ! 

33 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Hi Ann - I will be following your posts (Tim's & Sherita's too) closely!

Mitzi and I sail on her January 6th for 14 days. 

Comparisons with the Koningsdam would be of great interest...

We sailed the Christening Cruise on the Koningsdam, so we should be able to do some comparisons. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Thank you, VMax, KK and Copper and Jacqui - and I have to send a big thank you to POA1 for the wonderful banner he designed for us. 

I'm packed, Pat isn't.  He is a speedy packer, but I do have to monitor as one time he forgot to pack any shirts - fortunately I had stuck one of his shirts that I particularly like, in my suitcase.  So now I check!  We are flying out at 6 a.m. on Sunday, meet Sailingdutchy and his DW in Toronto, and fly on from there to Rome, where we arrive at 9:30 a.m.  I am not happy about the flights, but I think most flights to Europe are red-eyes.   Monday in Rome is expected to be rainy, but Tuesday is forecast to be sunny and 18 degrees (celsius - 66 Fahrenheit), so should be nice.  

I think I am on the same flight to Rome as you. The 6:55pm from YYZ?

3 minutes ago, eh0101 said:

I think I am on the same flight to Rome as you. The 6:55pm from YYZ?

That's it!:classic_cool:  Lovely Air Canada...  But we will have flown from Victoria in the morning, on Air Canada Rough (as Kazu would say).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scluvsrain said:

I fly out on Monday morning early, from California. Will arrive Rome Tuesday morning. 

I’m really looking forward to sailing on this brand new ship and helping to provide some great commentary during our cruise!

Have a very safe flight Sherita & I hope you have a fabulous time on board 😄