LIVE Blog! MILLENNIUM, SE Asia - Dec 8, 2018

Addicted2Ships

Well here we go then..

My first ever cruise (hence the name), first time in Asia and first blog of any kind. This will be an experience viewed from fresh eyes. It could go one of two ways!! 

I'm from Bristol in the UK and am travelling solo for what has the potential to be an amazing adventure!

I have been lucky enough to be part of a very active Roll Call with a fantastic bunch of people, who I'm sure will make this cruise all the more memorable. 

I fly from London Heathrow airport in 3 days and arrive into Singapore on Wednesday early evening. This gives me a few days in which to explore what looks to be a stunning city. 

We embark on December 8 and overnight onboard, before departing at 6pm on December 9, and arrive in to Hong Kong on December 22, where I'll be spending a further 5 days.

222058.jpg.258723c7e8ecad9af1d7c48efbbd9c2c.jpg

Please join me, and feel free to ask questions along the way. 

I hope to add lots of photos and the occasional video for good measure! 

Here is our itinerary

_20181124_174529.thumb.JPG.6dffe647621c297443b9475a6f39f0c0.JPG

Welcome...! 😊

Andy

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Congratulations on undertaking a live blog on your first cruise.

My wife and I did a somewhat similar cruise of the Hong Kong - Singapore route in 1996. We have been back cruising in the area a couple of times since then and know you will have a fantastic experience.

We were on the Millie this past spring on a China/Korea/Japan cruise and she is an excellent ship to travel on. We found the onboard internet to function fairly well, so you should be able to do your blog without too many problems.

I'm sure your cruise will result in many firsts for you.

Cheers,

Bill

45 minutes ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Congratulations on undertaking a live blog on your first cruise.

Thanks for your kind words of support and encouragement, Bill. 

I've carried out lots of research on all things X and SE Asia for the last 18 months so it's time to finally ride the adventure! 

Glad to hear I made a good choice in Millie too. 

All the best

Andy

Hi,  Andy ! 

Congratulations for your first blog  !  I'm sure it will be followed by many people,  and "cherry on the cake",  for us,  we will  have the chance to live this great aventure  at the same time as you.. 

See you soon,  on the Millennium.. 

Cheers, 

Muriel 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

You'll have a great time. Did the S.E. Asia cruise on the Millennium, Singapore back to Singapore - fantastic cruise. 

Singapore alone is a fabulous place to visit so take it all in and enjoy!

Thanks. I'm excited about Singapore and Hong Kong. To be fair, I'm pretty excited about all of it! 😁

• Like 2

I'm quite jealous as we were going to be doing this trip, boarding January with a few days either side the same as you but Millie is going into drydock for her big refurbishment on that date and has had her next several cruises cancelled.

I'll be living vicariously through you and through a friend of ours who will be doing the trip on the Connie in Feb.  We might retry in another year and I will just console myself with a cruise around NZ instead this January.

2 minutes ago, Suzi66 said:

I'm quite jealous as we were going to be doing this trip, boarding January with a few days either side the same as you but Millie is going into drydock for her big refurbishment on that date and has had her next several cruises cancelled.

I'll be living vicariously through you and through a friend of ours who will be doing the trip on the Connie in Feb.  We might retry in another year and I will just console myself with a cruise around NZ instead this January.

Oh, I'm sorry. I hope you get to enjoy the itinerary in the near future. 

We'll be watching!  We board Millie on March 2nd - staying three nights before in Singapore and three nights after in Hong Kong.  Just paid final payment today so it is becoming real!   It is our first trip to Asia and we are looking forward to boarding soon after Mille is "Edge-cized" in Aqua Class.  So excited for this fascinating itinerary - not so excited about the long flights to and from however - ugh!  I think it will be worth it.   Have a great trip!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bstoeck said:

We'll be watching!  We board Millie on March 2nd - staying three nights before in Singapore and three nights after in Hong Kong.  Just paid final payment today so it is becoming real!   It is our first trip to Asia and we are looking forward to boarding soon after Mille is "Edge-cized" in Aqua Class.  So excited for this fascinating itinerary - not so excited about the long flights to and from however - ugh!  I think it will be worth it.   Have a great trip!

Bstoeck -

It was indeed a long flight to Singapore from Columbus. However, Singapore Airlines made a huge positive difference even for those of us who flew in "steerage," better know as economy! They treat all their passengers extremely well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bstoeck said:

This certainly seems to be a popular itinerary! 

Will be following along as well. We are on the Connie for SE Asia in January with some of the same ports. We are going to be spending 5 days in Singapore before we leave. Our first time to SE Asia but not our first cruise. We are spending a month in Thailand after the cruise and then another 3 weeks in Cambodia, Bali and ending in Hawaii before coming home. 

1 hour ago, juanita1767 said:

Will be following along as well. We are on the Connie for SE Asia in January with some of the same ports. We are going to be spending 5 days in Singapore before we leave. Our first time to SE Asia but not our first cruise. We are spending a month in Thailand after the cruise and then another 3 weeks in Cambodia, Bali and ending in Hawaii before coming home. 

Sounds amazing! 😍