Sea Screen on Azura

sandancer

Having read some posts here about the poor display on the sea screen on Azura it came as no surprise to be sent an email via our travel agent that the screen will not be working at all on our Christmas Azura cruise. To be fair it’s not a big deal for us but I know that some people do enjoy it. However, at least they have given some notice. So if you are cruising on Azura in the near future you won’t be watching movies on deck. 

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Having read some posts here about the poor display on the sea screen on Azura it came as no surprise to be sent an email via our travel agent that the screen will not be working at all on our Christmas Azura cruise. To be fair it’s not a big deal for us but I know that some people do enjoy it. However, at least they have given some notice. So if you are cruising on Azura in the near future you won’t be watching movies on deck. 

Tbh I’m relieved - I think the noise from the screen is intrusive and annoying 

56 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I actually never even thought about noise. The only other ship we have been on with an outdoor screen is NCL Epic and we didn’t see any films. 

I’ve never been on the Azura but on other ships that have the screen they play loud music videos/football during the day - not for me. 

On 12/1/2018 at 7:42 PM, Caravan 37 said:

Tbh I’m relieved - I think the noise from the screen is intrusive and annoying 

I must say that would be my reaction.  Only been on Azura once - in the Caribbean - and found the noise from the screen very intrusive during the day.

2 hours ago, philred said:

anybody any idea when it is likely to be up and running off to the carribbean soon it would be nice to watch a movie while sunbathing on our sea days 

Unfortunately the email gave no idea about when it will be fixed. Hopefully you won’t get the same message and it will be up and running when you go. 

10 hours ago, Britboys said:

I must say that would be my reaction.  Only been on Azura once - in the Caribbean - and found the noise from the screen very intrusive during the day.

Once, on Princess, they showed football too!!  Not really what you want to be seeing whilst sailing the Caribbean

Have just received a message from P&O telling me that the screen will be out of action for my cruise beginning 11 Jan. Great news as far as I am concerned. I was not looking forward to that thing blaring out at me all day and night.

If you don’t like it, then sit around a different pool. You can’t please all the people all of the time.

P&O are trying to cover all the bases. Some people like the screen, some don’t. Some people like watching football on the sea screen, some don’t.

some people just like peace and quiet. 

There are 3 different pools on the top deck, all offering different atmospheres. 

56 minutes ago, Vizeman said:

If you don’t like it, then sit around a different pool. You can’t please all the people all of the time.

P&O are trying to cover all the bases. Some people like the screen, some don’t. Some people like watching football on the sea screen, some don’t.

There are 3 different pools on the top deck, all offering different atmospheres. 

My cruise on Azura was in the Caribbean and at all times, I found deck space at a premium, meaning it was not easy to get away from the noise of the sea screen.  The only place you could guarantee some quiet was the Terrace Pool at the stern - which was always packed!

10 hours ago, Vizeman said:

It’s not on all the time anyway ... or is it? 

25 minutes ago, Lees Cruisin said:

Its not that loud. My kids loved the seascreen, and as others said go somewhere else if you are miserable and dont like it :classic_biggrin:

I think that’s a bit strong - you don’t have to be miserable to like some quite time. 

10 minutes ago, Lees Cruisin said:

I was only joking, but there are lots of places on the ship to go to if you dont like the bit of noise or music. Each to their own i suppose but the Seascreen was one thing we loved about the ship especially with having kids.

Fair enough - I agree that it’s ideal for kids not so great for us that like a read or snooze without being in a corner somewhere ☺️ Not an issue now on Azura though thankfully 👍🏻