Sea Screen on Azura

sandancer

18 minutes ago, Vizeman said:

The sea screen is up and running now. It was repaired a few weeks ago.

Not been to the Fjords myself, but I know on chilly nights they give you a blanket and popcorn whilst you enjoy the film.  However, there’s chilly and there’s chilly and I can imagine evenings in the Fjords in April can be very chilly.

perhaps someone who has done this trip on the past will be able to shed a little more light on this.

A few years back we were on Azura in June (Iceland and the Fjords).  Had high expectations of the Sea Screen, but in reality it was very rarely used, and when it was it was too cold to sit and watch.  Great for the southern climes, I'm sure, but not the north - even in June!

1 hour ago, docco said:

A few years back we were on Azura in June (Iceland and the Fjords).  Had high expectations of the Sea Screen, but in reality it was very rarely used, and when it was it was too cold to sit and watch.  Great for the southern climes, I'm sure, but not the north - even in June!

Thanks, that is good news for us :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, Vizeman said:

The sea screen is up and running now. It was repaired a few weeks ago.

Not been to the Fjords myself, but I know on chilly nights they give you a blanket and popcorn whilst you enjoy the film.  However, there’s chilly and there’s chilly and I can imagine evenings in the Fjords in April can be very chilly.

perhaps someone who has done this trip on the past will be able to shed a little more light on this.

I have never heard of P&O "giving" you popcorn, I know Princess do but I warrant if they have it on P&O it will be charged and not free.

We was on Azura last August and they show a film around 10am then 2pm then 6ish. It was switched off the rest of the time apart from a interview or two with the entertainments manager. It wasnt that loud really and when i walked around to the other pool i couldnt hear it.

Movies Under The Stars is very popular and is on the majority of Princess ships and we have watched movies, with many others, starting at 9-30pm/10pm on cruises around the British Isles and to the Land of the Midnight Sun. I think it is a US tradition mainly but is a great atmosphere even in the rain undercover and a blanket with popcorn and on occasions pizza.