parking at MIA

crslover

We have not taken a Regent cruise out of Miami before. We have taken Celebrity. Is there a parking ramp close to the Regent terminal? Where do they dock? Should we leave our car at the hotel ?

We are on Voyager in February. Our 65 days have always been in Europe. This is a new adventure for us.  Leaving the frozen tundra of Minnesota for a few extra days. Although we will be in Florida for two months.

Thank you

Regent usually (but not always) operates out of Terminal J at the port of Miami. There is a very convenient covered parking garage across the street from the front door of the terminal building. It is a very short walk from your car to the terminal. Just drop your luggage at the curbside check point, enter the garage and park, and you are on the way. Pricing is $22 per day, paid as you enter. 

I would not park anywhere but at the Port of Miami.

There have been too many issues associated with parking off site including stolen vehicles and vandalism.

If you ask about this on the Florida Departures Board the locals will confirm what I am saying and give you the same advice.

Parking at the port is convenient and safe and worth the extra cost.

Keith

I don't know how long your trip is,but I live in Florida,and if the voyage is going to be for several weeks we rent a car. There's no drop off at the terminal,so I drop the wife and bags at the terminal,and then drop the car off. You can then take their shuttle or a cab back to the port. Depending on where the cars are needed,you might get a cheap rate. I once got a rate of $13.for 24 hours.

• Like 1

We live in central Florida, and just finished a R/T from/to Miami.  Rented a car both directions, dropped/picked up at the Miami Airport Rental Car building, no problems at all.  Cab fare was about $30 each way, plus tip.  Got dropped off right in front of the doorway to enter the terminal.  Only difficulty was trying to get from the Florida Turnpike to the Rental Car building; next time will definitely use Waze, rather than relying on directional signs.