Moreton island

Frankim

I haven't done it yet but I'm booked on at the end of September next year so I hope you get some responses! We are looking forward to snorkelling around the wrecks and a few of our group have booked a game fishing trip for the day.

Was on the Pacific Explorer when it called at the Isalnd on the way back from Cairns this August.

I went out on a whale watching tour and loved it.

There are plently of facilities at the resort for passengers to enjoy.

There is a tavern that put a live band on for the day. You can grab a coffee and refreshments here.

For more active people there were plenty of water sports to do.

You can hire out the equipment on the isalnd.

If you like hiking there are trails with lots of birdlife to discover. Even walking around the resort while waiting for my tour to begin I saw and heard lots of different birds.

Some people rode segways up the beach, others drove buggies over the sand dunes if you don't want to do a water sport.

The toilets are very clean and modern as is the rest of the resort.

There are places you can buy your lunch from and a small general store for snacks.

There was also a store for dresses and other beach wear.

There are many homes on the Island as I think that people from Brisbane and its surounds own weekend beach villas here.

I would go back to Morton Island on a cruise again especially in August/ September.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:59 AM, sewgood said:

Was on the Pacific Explorer when it called at the Isalnd on the way back from Cairns this August.

I went out on a whale watching tour and loved it.

There are plently of facilities at the resort for passengers to enjoy.

There is a tavern that put a live band on for the day. You can grab a coffee and refreshments here.

For more active people there were plenty of water sports to do.

You can hire out the equipment on the isalnd.

If you like hiking there are trails with lots of birdlife to discover. Even walking around the resort while waiting for my tour to begin I saw and heard lots of different birds.

Some people rode segways up the beach, others drove buggies over the sand dunes if you don't want to do a water sport.

The toilets are very clean and modern as is the rest of the resort.

There are places you can buy your lunch from and a small general store for snacks.

There was also a store for dresses and other beach wear.

There are many homes on the Island as I think that people from Brisbane and its surounds own weekend beach villas here.

I would go back to Morton Island on a cruise again especially in August/ September.

Thankyou 

On 12/4/2018 at 7:50 PM, LincolnLegend said:

I haven't done it yet but I'm booked on at the end of September next year so I hope you get some responses! We are looking forward to snorkelling around the wrecks and a few of our group have booked a game fishing trip for the day.

We are planning on going November 2019 for our 30th anniversary 

We did the 4 night cruise to Moreton Island in September last year. We booked the Cape Moreton Northern Explorer 4wd trip. It was a great day out with a supplied lunch stop. We were met outside the Tangalooma Resort Reception by staff carrying huge signs with arrows ! It is a very bumpy ride so if you have bad backs I do not recommend it. Otherwise a great tour to do. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, windsor26 said:

What company did you use for this tour please and how much was it  thanks 

We booked it as a ship's tour , cheers ! Price wise I do not remember. Moreton Island Tourist Services, moretonisland.net.au , was on the drivers door after looking at the photos . 

Edited by BuzzBuzzen
not enough information as requested