Beach Escape Beach Club?

2+2

On 3/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

That setup, along with 2 bottles of water, was $41 American.  Very reasonable I think.  

I'm trying to decide between Blue Kay and Jaime's on the reef. 

Blue Kay cost you $12 each for chair + 2 drinks, plus ~$20 each for lunch, right? 

Some people have posted that they've enjoyed the snorkeling at Blue Kay, even though it's not fantastic.  That makes me lean toward Blue Kay.  I like the AI idea, though, even though I'm not a big drinker.  I like being able to try a few different foods when I'm there.

Jaime's is $50 AI and all the reviews I read were extremely positive.  No snorkeling, but apparently you can take a reasonably-priced boat out to the reef.  It doesn't look far if I wanted to walk down by Blue Kay and try the snorkeling.

The nice part is that I'm sure I'll have a great time no matter where I end up!

12 hours ago, RW_MI said:

Blue Kay cost you $12 each for chair + 2 drinks, plus ~$20 each for lunch, right? 

Yes that is correct.  To be fair though, we don’t drink alcohol so I can’t comment on the strength/ quality of that.  We just always get frozen smoothies which are fine.  I added an appropriate tip to the cost of lunch as well.  

The water at Blue Key is usually very clear so snorkeling from the beach can be done and there are usually little schools of small fish.  It’s just like snorkeling at any beach with clear water; not much to see compared to a good, living reef.  

12 hours ago, RW_MI said:

Some people have posted that they've enjoyed the snorkeling at Blue Kay, even though it's not fantastic.  That makes me lean toward Blue Kay.  I like the AI idea, though, even though I'm not a big drinker.  I like being able to try a few different foods when I'm there.

Jaime's is $50 AI and all the reviews I read were extremely positive.  No snorkeling, but apparently you can take a reasonably-priced boat out to the reef.  It doesn't look far if I wanted to walk down by Blue Kay and try the snorkeling.

The nice part is that I'm sure I'll have a great time no matter where I end up!

Maybe try Nachos Bar next to Blue Kay if you want AI?

https://www.nachosbeachclub.com/contact-reservations?fp=IvUHwsWQLOn2WVPKiisSuEngj8pz8gBNgVrQDJNN%2FasbsXq00dABrEIT9x6uZwfFVOenRaupEXftXsFLZZDAyeNcSWJAD%2BwNeA6XgOP0DGcEmiFokYNkZpo6VwseyP5xrs7yT1Gc3vml2YtnCaSzBAtOad41uCS%2Bl6R2KJugGPeMUyRcXzAhCxXb8me5i6At&poru=zsMRBAXi6hevVEqad%2FlngyqvqpxOw1Dj4cFVXcJbc3a4CfvRXzDhpGYAGAI6tdKI&prvtof=ToNeytuNHko0Zh%2FLBuQL014ow0tOtiJsCPSgoh5Ezhs%3D

No reviews yet so please report back if you try it?

otherwise quite easy to walk between Blue Kay and Jamie’s- its about 3/4 mile.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 4/14/2019 at 9:51 AM, lifes-a-beach said:

Yes that is correct.  To be fair though, we don’t drink alcohol so I can’t comment on the strength/ quality of that.  We just always get frozen smoothies which are fine.  I added an appropriate tip to the cost of lunch as well.  

The water at Blue Key is usually very clear so snorkeling from the beach can be done and there are usually little schools of small fish.  It’s just like snorkeling at any beach with clear water; not much to see compared to a good, living reef.  

life’s a beach-  we’re you at the Escape Beach Club that Princess cruises offer as an excursion?

1 hour ago, dog said:

life’s a beach-  we’re you at the Escape Beach Club that Princess cruises offer as an excursion?

No, but also note that you quoted a 3 year old post.  Much had changed.  Our experience at Blue Kay is January was not good.  The beach has eroded and efforts to control the sargassum were not very effective.  We are aboard Adventure now and went to Crazy Lobster for the first time on Friday.  It is a very big place and we were able to find loungers to suit us.  The food was pretty good and reasonably priced.  They have a net placed out in the water to help control the sargassum but the fenced area isn’t very big, giving it kind of a swimming pool effect.  No wave action.  Kayakers literally paddled around in a circle.  To be fair though, all of the beach clubs either use the nets or are completely covered in sargassum.  It’s still light years better than staying at the port though.  You don’t need an excursion unless you want to go to the ruins, in which case you should contact Native Choice.  Just get in a cab and tell them to drop you off at Krazy Lobster.  Walk down the malecon and decide for yourself.  Plenty to choose from.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

No, but also note that you quoted a 3 year old post.  Much had changed.  Our experience at Blue Kay is January was not good.  The beach has eroded and efforts to control the sargassum were not very effective.  We are aboard Adventure now and went to Crazy Lobster for the first time on Friday.  It is a very big place and we were able to find loungers to suit us.  The food was pretty good and reasonably priced.  They have a net placed out in the water to help control the sargassum but the fenced area isn’t very big, giving it kind of a swimming pool effect.  No wave action.  Kayakers literally paddled around in a circle.  To be fair though, all of the beach clubs either use the nets or are completely covered in sargassum.  It’s still light years better than staying at the port though.  You don’t need an excursion unless you want to go to the ruins, in which case you should contact Native Choice.  Just get in a cab and tell them to drop you off at Krazy Lobster.  Walk down the malecon and decide for yourself.  Plenty to choose from.

Thanks decided on beach break in Cozumel instead

spent time in resorts there in past. 

Edited by dog

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2022 at 9:27 AM, dog said:

How was the Beach Break excursion experience at the Beach Escape Club?

Does it include lunch and drinks? 

Are the seats/chairs/lounges packed close together and very crowded?

Edited by lisabethy

On 4/24/2022 at 9:27 AM, dog said:

How was the Beach Break excursion experience at the Beach Escape Club?

Does it include lunch and drinks or is that extra? 

In terms of seating at the beach itself (not pools), is it just chairs / loungers packed next to each other

or other separate palapas / cabanas available?

Edited by lisabethy

• 4 months later...