Free internet minutes?

Clampram

23 minutes ago, Clampram said:

So this is cruise # 6 coming up in a couple of weeks --- the first time that we have gotten free internet time. How do I access that free time.....go to the intranet and sign up on that???

sign in to the intErnet and the free selection will be there for you to "purchase" at $0.00.

6 minutes ago, beachmets said:

We are platinum and get 250 minutes.  Our cruise is 14 days and was booked that way even though we go back to Ft Laude dale for the second half of the cruise.

is our 250 min for the entire 14 days?

Actually you will get 300 min. They will give you 150 min for each leg of the cruise. If it were a 14 day with no return to FLL half way through, then it would be 250.

8 minutes ago, Optotronics said:

Actually you will get 300 min. They will give you 150 min for each leg of the cruise. If it were a 14 day with no return to FLL half way through, then it would be 250.

Thanks for this info...extra 50 minutes

Log into the ship’s WiFi and the Intranet/Princess@Sea login page will pop up. Fill it out and you’ll be in Princess@Sea. From there, you can access the Internet. You’ll be given the option for your free Internet package or to add additional minutes to the package for a fee. 

81D7D3DA-93D1-4904-9A8D-BF8FEB4A094C.png

3A4EF71F-195F-4ADF-B6DB-87D200EAF297.jpeg

On 12/3/2018 at 9:21 AM, Clampram said:

So this is cruise # 6 coming up in a couple of weeks --- the first time that we have gotten free internet time. How do I access that free time.....go to the intranet and sign up on that???

Make sure to sign out/disconnect correctly each time to prevent loosing all your new free minutes.

We just did this same thing - first cruise with free internet on a 14 day cruise with a changeover day in the middle.  Your first 150 minutes will continue on into the second leg if you do not use them all up.  And you must use them completely up before the system will give you an option to activate the second week's minutes.  Don't fear using up the first batch and getting charged for any overage - the moment your first allotment is complete, it automatically informs you and directs you to activate the second allotment.

Don

Your mileage may vary with the first cruise's minutes carrying over. We had them do so on one b2b cruise and not do so on another. On the second one, we had to change cabins. Both cruises were short ones, so I had plenty of minutes.

15 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

Log into the ship’s WiFi and the Intranet/Princess@Sea login page will pop up. Fill it out and you’ll be in Princess@Sea. From there, you can access the Internet. You’ll be given the option for your free Internet package or to add additional minutes to the package for a fee. 

81D7D3DA-93D1-4904-9A8D-BF8FEB4A094C.png

3A4EF71F-195F-4ADF-B6DB-87D200EAF297.jpeg

Pam,  do you happen to remember how much the additional minutes cost? My Cruise Personalizer shows a sale on Internet time if I pre-purchase but I remember that message offering additional minutes. I wonder which is the best deal? 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:16 PM, Mud_Shark said:

We just did this same thing - first cruise with free internet on a 14 day cruise with a changeover day in the middle.  Your first 150 minutes will continue on into the second leg if you do not use them all up.  And you must use them completely up before the system will give you an option to activate the second week's minutes.  Don't fear using up the first batch and getting charged for any overage - the moment your first allotment is complete, it automatically informs you and directs you to activate the second allotment.

Don

Do you have just the one booking # for the 14 day cruise ? If so, I like that they are breaking it up as 2 - 7 day cruises thus giving you 150 minutes for each 7 days thus gaining 50 minutes.

How would that work with the Unlimited Internet you can purchase for $99.99 pre-cruise ? Would they break that up into 2 - 7 days thus paying $99.99 x2 or do you pay $99.99 since you only have 1 booking # ?

On 12/9/2018 at 8:40 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Pam,  do you happen to remember how much the additional minutes cost? My Cruise Personalizer shows a sale on Internet time if I pre-purchase but I remember that message offering additional minutes. I wonder which is the best deal? 

I don’t remember but I know from previous cruises that it’s incremental and worth it to add them once onboard and logging in. If you pre-purchase, you’re paying the full price and don’t get any credit for it other than you can use it when your free minutes run out. Much better to get the addition to your Platinum/Elite package. 

Now, that’s based on the pre-Medallion packages. Have no clue when it comes to the Medallion packages. 

2 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

I don’t remember but I know from previous cruises that it’s incremental and worth it to add them once onboard and logging in. If you pre-purchase, you’re paying the full price and don’t get any credit for it other than you can use it when your free minutes run out. Much better to get the addition to your Platinum/Elite package. 

Now, that’s based on the pre-Medallion packages. Have no clue when it comes to the Medallion packages. 

Thank you, Pam.  We will be on the Ruby so it's still per minute (as you already know).  I wish I could purchase unlimited.  I will wait until I board.

I was on the CB last month and like many pax my P/E internet minutes suddenly went to zero after the third day.  I went down to the internet cafe where they put my minutes back and then strongly emphasized to always enter "logout.com" in my browser to make sure I was disconnected from the internet.   BTW the OM worked great and has spoiled me.  Next cruise back to the old cruise card routine.