Checking cabin prices once booked for price drop

Good afternoon :classic_biggrin:. My family are booked on the carnival breeze for April 20, 2019.

We have a balcony  8D category and interior 4G category booked. I was told when I booked, if I noticed a price drop of these category cabins, then I could call in the price would be adjusted to reflect the same.

Do anyone know if I can check this on the carnival website or if I would have to call to inquire?? If I can check online, can someone please direct me  how / where to go on the website...

Don't sail with Carnival, but on other cruiseline websites I just try to do a dummy booking to see if the price has dropped.

Might take a screen shot of the lower price and then call the cruiseline or your TA.

Keep watching, it might work out for you.

This is kind of related. When we booked the only balcony cabins available were on deck 2, we booked 3 together. Then later we get an email offering an upgrade to a higher deck for an additional fee. All 3 of us got the email so how did other decks have multiple cabins open up?

On 12/3/2018 at 11:37 AM, nicpin said:

Good afternoon :classic_biggrin:. My family are booked on the carnival breeze for April 20, 2019.

We have a balcony  8D category and interior 4G category booked. I was told when I booked, if I noticed a price drop of these category cabins, then I could call in the price would be adjusted to reflect the same.

Do anyone know if I can check this on the carnival website or if I would have to call to inquire?? If I can check online, can someone please direct me  how / where to go on the website...

Hi there!

This is my favorite part of Carnival! I usually just troll the website (going through the same process you did to initially book the cruise). Make sure to select a comparable room & floor, and then check the price. Make sure you're not including anything extra like the pre-paid gratuities. 

If you find a drop, go to this website and plug in the information: https://www.carnival.com/content/lowest-price-guarantee.aspx

If it's accurate and Carnival approves it, you'll get the difference. If you haven't paid in full, the total $$ will go down. If you've paid in full, it will go towards an OBC.

I did this for a cruise in 2015 and saved about $300! The joys of buying so far out :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/4/2018 at 8:38 PM, OVgirl said:

Don't sail with Carnival, but on other cruiseline websites I just try to do a dummy booking to see if the price has dropped.

Might take a screen shot of the lower price and then call the cruiseline or your TA.

Keep watching, it might work out for you.

Same with Carnival.  Do a mock booking and you can see if there are differences.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the best way to get the OBC on RCL?  I just checked and our two rooms have dropped $110 ($55 each room).  Can I email them or would it be easier to call?  How long will it take to have the credit show up?  

The room are fully paid for if that makes a difference.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/13/2018 at 5:10 PM, xostacylee said:

Hi there!

This is my favorite part of Carnival! I usually just troll the website (going through the same process you did to initially book the cruise). Make sure to select a comparable room & floor, and then check the price. Make sure you're not including anything extra like the pre-paid gratuities. 

If you find a drop, go to this website and plug in the information: https://www.carnival.com/content/lowest-price-guarantee.aspx

If it's accurate and Carnival approves it, you'll get the difference. If you haven't paid in full, the total $$ will go down. If you've paid in full, it will go towards an OBC.

I did this for a cruise in 2015 and saved about $300! The joys of buying so far out 🙂

Looks like it's only if you find that lower cost within 2 days of booking. Would have been nice if it was anytime. I know some resorts do that. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 8:58 AM, montREALady said:

Looks like it's only if you find that lower cost within 2 days of booking. Would have been nice if it was anytime. I know some resorts do that. 

Not true! I just got a $195 OBC - booked about 3 months ago, and got it about a week ago. I think the 2-day rule is to get the 110% back vs. just the normal adjustment :)

9 minutes ago, xostacylee said:

Not true! I just got a $195 OBC - booked about 3 months ago, and got it about a week ago. I think the 2-day rule is to get the 110% back vs. just the normal adjustment 🙂

Thanks! I did see people getting theirs after 2-days after this post.