Scarlet Lady bookings

gerelmx

Logo

In case you missed it in our last email, we made some very special announcements.

️ February 5th, 2019 - We're open for business to Pre-Sale Deposit Holders.
February 14th, 2019 - We're open for business to everyone.

Let's get this party started. 🎉

Really excited to see what Virgin has to offer.  We already know the cabin pricing will be higher than 'standard cruises' because of pretty much everything but the alcohol and excursions being included.  We're expecting pricing along the lines of Disney at peak cruising times which are usually double to triple 'normal cruising rates. 

On 12/4/2018 at 7:51 AM, creativegenius said:

We're expecting pricing along the lines of Disney at peak cruising times which are usually double to triple 'normal cruising rates. 

Not sure why you would, but I'm sure Virgin will be very glad to take your money.

I don't see how it's any different than other cruise line itinerary releases.  You don't know the exact prices or schedules until the day of release.  On release day, you look at the provided information and make a decision whether to book or not.  In this case, they are giving those who already put down deposits a full 8 days to decide whether or not to book before opening it to the general public.  If you don't like the schedules or prices on February 5, you can get a refund.

All the cruises are over a year out, so there's no real urgency to book now.  It may be frustrating having to wait as other cruise lines are already releasing competing itineraries that you may be interested in, but releases are always staggered so it's an ongoing dilemma.

I see your point, timf2001 -- and, I have done bookings on much less notice than this. The big difference is, those bookings were with cruise lines that I was familiar with -- often on ships that I'd sailed on, before. In this scenario, not only are the prices a big question mark -- but so are the deck plans, cabin descriptions, and even itineraries. I really think that the powers that be at VV put the cart before the horse, on this one. I have never, in over 15 years of cruising, booked a ship based on public spaces or attractions. Granted, those things do play a part in the decision-making process. However, my booking decisions are primarily based on three things: cabin, itinerary, and price. I could care LESS if there is a boxing ring, tattoo parlor, or suite-only sundeck onboard! And why would I care about the pier? That's just a place you breeze through, on the way to board the ship!  IMHO, the only useful bit of info that VV has released, so far, is the dining details.

At this point, I'm just concerned that we will be rushed into making a pricey decision, on very little information. NOT a great way to reward folks for their patience and pre-investment in this venture, IMHO! :classic_sad:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 9:36 AM, Biker19 said:

Not sure why you would, but I'm sure Virgin will be very glad to take your money.

Because Virgin is all inclusive.  No additional fees for any restaurants.   If you're not paying additional fees at the time of purchase, then you will pay them in advance.  And Virgin will only have one ship when it launches.  Supply and Demand.  If a standard Balcony on most Caribbean cruises costs $1500pp expect it to be more like $3000pp.  Similar to the pricing on the Celebrity Edge right now.  

On 12/6/2018 at 12:06 PM, wwcruisers said:

OK -- so this is part of what's sticking in my craw, right now: How on earth are we supposed to plan on booking a cruise, in less than two months -- when we don't even have a clue about how much it's going to cost? :classic_rolleyes:

Ship doesn't sail until 2019 / 2020.  You have plenty of time to plan the cruise.  

9 hours ago, creativegenius said:

If a standard Balcony on most Caribbean cruises costs $1500pp expect it to be more like $3000pp.  Similar to the pricing on the Celebrity Edge right now.  

And like Edge, those high prices will not be sustainable. Sure, at the beginning you'll have high prices like that, but soon thereafter, prices will come back down to the market norms.

I can see 

On 12/4/2018 at 7:51 AM, creativegenius said:

Really excited to see what Virgin has to offer.  We already know the cabin pricing will be higher than 'standard cruises' because of pretty much everything but the alcohol and excursions being included.  We're expecting pricing along the lines of Disney at peak cruising times which are usually double to triple 'normal cruising rates. 

Besides specialty dining, that's the same as every other cruise line. Everything but alcohol and excursions are included. I can see it being higher because it's brand new, a new concept and no kids, but I can't see it being double to triple. Or at least, I hope not. Or I'll stick with the mainstream lines until prices come back to a more reasonable level.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 9:01 AM, cot427 said:

I can see 

Besides specialty dining, that's the same as every other cruise line. Everything but alcohol and excursions are included. I can see it being higher because it's brand new, a new concept and no kids, but I can't see it being double to triple. Or at least, I hope not. Or I'll stick with the mainstream lines until prices come back to a more reasonable level.

Disney is regularly double any other cruise line for almost all cabin levels for any peak time periods.   That's what I'm basing the double fare guess on.   That and the fact that all restaurants are included.  No $25 - $100/pp markup.  

5 hours ago, creativegenius said:

Disney is regularly double any other cruise line for almost all cabin levels for any peak time periods.   That's what I'm basing the double fare guess on.   That and the fact that all restaurants are included.  No $25 - $100/pp markup.  

Right?  I've been watching Disney cruises too, so no biggie for me.

• 1 month later...