transportation Red Hook to midtown

jennglux

we arrive and dock in Red Hook, spending one night in midtown Manhattan. Cruise is the end of a 2.5 week vacation to multiple continents and multiple climates (not even counting the formal wear for the Cunard transatlantic crossing), so I completely plan on overpacking - what's the best non public transportation to get us from the terminal to our hotel?

7 hours ago, jennglux said:

we arrive and dock in Red Hook, spending one night in midtown Manhattan. Cruise is the end of a 2.5 week vacation to multiple continents and multiple climates (not even counting the formal wear for the Cunard transatlantic crossing), so I completely plan on overpacking - what's the best non public transportation to get us from the terminal to our hotel?

Book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo to go from Red Hook to midtown Manhattan.  Look for online coupons.  Expect to pay the quoted base price plus any tolls ( $0.00 to $8.50 depending on the route) plus an 18-20% tip.

I agree about getting a car service. I’ll add one more company to the mix — Legends (based in Brooklyn). A friend and frequent cruiser who lives in Brooklyn and who swears by them recommended them when a ship we were both on this summer that was supposed to disembark in Manhattan was switched to Brooklyn (Red Hook) at the last minute. After foolishly waiting in the taxi line ( we were assured cabs would be there) and seeing that only one or two cabs were dribbling in every now and then, my wife and I called Legends right from the line and they sent someone to get us.  

https://www.legendslimousine.com/brooklyn-car-service/

Enjoy your cruise! 

Plenty of cabs picking up at Red Hook, cheaper than a car service to midtown and not a bad way to go.

I'd never be confident in what pickup time to give to a car service in advance of actually making it out of the arrivals hall, but I suppose there is a system that doesn't involve significant waiting on the part of the driver.