Sun Princess internet and drinks packages

TotoroCruising

Hi, we're off to NZ from Sydney in Jan 2019. 

I've been trying desperately to find out information about internet connectivity and drinks packages, but to no avail. I called them and all they could tell me about the drinks was that you had to buy the package once on board.

As for the internet - wifi was available on the P & O explorer for a flat rate. IT wasn't great wifi, but good enough to use messaging services in order to keep contact with our pet sitter etc. I have heard vague rumours about paying for minutes, but seriously that sounds so incredibly archaic! Not to mention expensive!

Also, is it possible to buy a data sim for use in NZ? Thought it might be cheaper than international roaming.

TIA

Have you tried the cruise personalizer on Princess.com? I am in the US, so I am not sure how different things are in Australia with Princess. I go onto the personalizer and can buy internet minutes as well as the drink package there.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:05 PM, TotoroCruising said:

Hi, we're off to NZ from Sydney in Jan 2019. 

I've been trying desperately to find out information about internet connectivity and drinks packages, but to no avail. I called them and all they could tell me about the drinks was that you had to buy the package once on board.

As for the internet - wifi was available on the P & O explorer for a flat rate. IT wasn't great wifi, but good enough to use messaging services in order to keep contact with our pet sitter etc. I have heard vague rumours about paying for minutes, but seriously that sounds so incredibly archaic! Not to mention expensive!

Also, is it possible to buy a data sim for use in NZ? Thought it might be cheaper than international roaming.

TIA

Our last cruise with Princess was on the Sun Princess. While we were Elite and received some free internet, we were provided options to purchase additional minutes - various packages. I believe we could do this in the cruise personaliser online. They also had a flyer in the cabin, so you can book once aboard.

We could also have booked the Princess drinks package through Cruise personaliser, or again once aboard. At that time they only had 1 package, which we found way too expensive for a world cruise.

For our cruise they had buy 1 get 1 happy hour every day, not sure if this is still offered.