Bus to Baha Mar

Islandsunrise

Small group of us have rented rooms at Baha Mar for a few hours and would like to know where/which bus to catch from the cruise port?  How far is the walk/directions if possible.  Also, how frequent are the buses and the hours of operation?  I've read fare is $1.25, can this be in bills or are coins required?

Thank you so much!

See this post for Scubagirrl's good explanation of where to catch the bus: 

Catching the bus out of town takes a little longer than getting back because the bus route starts in town and the drivers will wait till the bus is full before they leave.  How long it takes depends on how long it takes for the bus to fill.  I don't think we've ever waited longer than 10 minutes.  Returning from Baha Mar, the buses come along every 5 minutes or so.  Make sure you get the #10 bus (not 10A or 10B).

You can pay with bills but you won't get change back.  We just round up to the next dollar.  You pay when you get off the bus.

I'm not sure about the bus hours but I think they stop running around 6.  After that, you'd need to take a cab back.

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, nvance724 said:

Hi any idea where to get the jitney from Baha Mar, where do I wait?

If you take the #10 Jitney, the return is normally on the other side of the road. Just ask you first driver where the return pick up is.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this once. It was easy to find the bus and the ride was fine, but we waited at least 30 min or so before they took off. And it was HOT in that bus. Perhaps it was just a slow time, but there were only about 6 people when they finally decided to go. I was close to getting out and just taking a cab. I don't fault them for wanting the trip to be worth their time, but keep this in mind if you are there during a slow season.