Dining on the Edge

cruzdude1

I am confused about dining on the Edge. We are on the December 9 cruise. It is my understanding that you can have dinner in any of the restaurants, and the dinner is the same except for 25% of the menu which will be from that specific restaurant.  

How do you choose which restaurant you will dine in? Is it assigned? Does it rotate? 

I just wen t online and the give you the opportunity to book, you have to check individual dates, times, and venues. After 10 attempts the only dining options available were for dinner at 9:00 pm. 

Of course you can pay extra and get a more reasonable time. 

Any tips?

If you have traditional dining - either Early or Late, you will be assigned to 1 of the 4 restaurants. You may be able to try one of the other 3 restaurants based on availability. 

If if you have Select Dining, you can choose which restaurant you want to dine in and the time each evening.  You can make advance reservations online in your Cruise Planner. We have made reservations for our 7 nights in February. Or, you can make reservations for the next night as you leave each evening. 

Celebrity does limit the the number of reservations online to allow for “Walk Ups”

Hope this answers your question. 

OP

You are probably  late in booking res under  the select dining plan

.We already have res in Select for our Nov cruise..2 nights each  MDR plus 1 specialty ( extra charge-)  We booked early on  and  got the times we wanted,

You may want to check with your TA or Celeb for further info..There is another thread here that lays it all out and also good info on X website..

You may have to pick a trad time, early or late,  and will be assigned to one MDR, and can then try for res in the others once in board...Hope it works out.

• 1 month later...

My question is how easy it is to try the other MDRs if you are doing Traditional dining? A quick reading of the information on the X web page, makes it sound easy to try each of the other three MDRs until you get to "based on availability". How available are the other three MDRs ? Or should we try to change to select dining when we got on the Ship?

We chose select dining and booked our nights among the 4 restaurants.  In the end, we had a bad experience at one of them.  The remaining nights, we chose from another and went early (which is when we eat anyway).  We always got a table for 2 next to the windows.  Their was no problem!

Tagging on to this post as it is also about dining on the Edge.  We will be in a RS which includes complimentary specialty dining.  However, if I reserve these in advance on the Cruise Planner, it says I will have to make payment for them.  I would wait till we are onboard but understand that by that time, some specialty dining would have been fully booked.  Is there some kind of compromise for this - does Celebrity keep some tables for onboard reservations?  Also, does Celebrity allow ordering in from the specialty restaurants?  I know Star Class passengers on Royal Caribbean get this privilege but am unsure if this is ported over to RS and above guests who get complimentary specialty dining.  Thanks!

Yes Celebrity holds back some speciality restaurant reservation for onboard bookings.

Since you are in a RS you should be contacted by a Shoreside Concierge before your cruise (1-2 weeks).  They will take your speciality dining requests, as well as other requests, eg what spirits do you want for the 2 bottles of liquor, items for the mini-fridge, and special needs.  They will provide this info to the ship and all should be handled before you board.

Should something get overlooked just ask your Butler or the MC Concierge.

Edited by jelayne

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yes Celebrity holds back some speciality restaurant reservation for onboard bookings.

Since you are in a RS you should be contacted by a Shoreside Concierge before your cruise (1-2 weeks).  They will take your speciality dining requests, as well as other requests, eg what spirits do you want for the 2 bottles of liquor, items for the mini-fridge, and special needs.  They will provide this info to the ship and all should be handled before you board.

Should something get overlooked just ask your Butler or the MC Concierge.

Thanks very much - sounds like we will be well looked after then.

18 hours ago, Ritanita said:

We chose select dining and booked our nights among the 4 restaurants.  In the end, we had a bad experience at one of them.  The remaining nights, we chose from another and went early (which is when we eat anyway).  We always got a table for 2 next to the windows.  Their was no problem!

What was the bad experience?

We have all 4 mdrs booked for Nov EDGE

I was really a problem with the service.  I ordered the Wedge Salad and it only had tomato and egg, NO BACON or dressing.  After 15 minutes, I managed to flag down the waiter to ask for the missing items.  15 minutes later the watery dressing was poured and bacon added.

I shouldn't have worried, LOL!  It was an additional 25 minutes before our soup arrived.  About 30 minutes later, we had our main course.

We skipped dessert!  It took nearly 2 1/2 hours to eat our meal, most of the time spent waiting.

This happened in the Cosmopolitan on the fourth night.  With the exception of the Wedge salad, the food was very tasty.  I'm hoping you have better luck.  I've read a lot of good reviews about all the dining rooms...