Dining limitations

Pitachip1210

Is it considered rude or uncouth to order multiple items from each course when dining in the main dining rooms? I know some specially restaurants charge extra for extra, but what about the standard dining rooms? I’ve visited all inclusive resorts in the past where we were given the “eat what we give you and shut up” treatment. Reading the menus posted I feel like I could say “bring me one of everything!”, but I wouldn’t be quite that gluttonous

3 minutes ago, Pitachip1210 said:

Is it considered rude or uncouth to order multiple items from each course when dining in the main dining rooms? I know some specially restaurants charge extra for extra, but what about the standard dining rooms? I’ve visited all inclusive resorts in the past where we were given the “eat what we give you and shut up” treatment. Reading the menus posted I feel like I could say “bring me one of everything!”, but I wouldn’t be quite that gluttonous

Not at all in the regular DR.

I have never had an issue with this.

If I see something I have not had I will order more than 1 thing.

If I see something I really like I will order it and if I am still hungry I will order another.

After a day or 2 I am usually too full to order much extra anymore.

• Haha 1

On an August cruise on Ruby we had a couple younger men who had  ordered two or three main courses in the MDRs.

Never any problem the waiters even joked about how much they coud eat. (these guy where fairly thin.)

Last month on  the CB at the last formal night I had 2 orders of escargot and 2 orders of lobster tail without any problems.  The waiter came over after each course and asked me if I wanted more so he was cognizant of male pax wanting more.  Quite a few times at dinner we have ordered a dessert dish and added ice cream to the order.  Never had a problem. 

No problem ordering multiple items, especially if substituting a multiple item for one of the earlier courses (e.g. main instead of soup or salad).   If it is too much for your tablemates then don't be surprised if they finish their meals and leave.   It does sometimes make an issue for the wait staff in timing when to bring dishes like dessert, especially when one person is eating a lot and there is little conversation.  So be sure and tip extra.

• Like 1

2 shrimp cocktails and a soup are pretty typical for me

🙂

on the flip side, one day i was feeling a little ill and only wanted a baked potato for my mains, and this concerned the guys and they really tried to bring me more food.  but when i was suffering from the after effects of my migraine, i couldn't handle anything but soup and baked potato.  the medication i take really affects my appetite.

Edited by vampiress

1 hour ago, ne1travel said:

I’ve already asked what they recommend and after the suggestion says, “don’t worry, if you don’t like it I get you something else”.  No big deal to get extra..

One cruise two of us at a 6 top ordered the fish selection even though the waiter had said it was not recommended.  Sure enough it was awful.  The waiter was watching and asked us what other entree we would like so that time we took his recommendation.  It was spot on and after that I listen to what the waiter suggests.  The waiter removed what we did not like (it was truly bland and simply awful) and quickly replaced it with something more appetizing.  I imagine he was thinking all the time "I told you so"!  

My family laughed at me on our first cruise when I ordered two entrees when I couldn't decide what to get.  Now, most follow my lead! I sometimes ask for an appetizer sized portion of pasta if I can't decide between that and another entree, and they have always been very nice about it.  It seems to make some waiters happy when you ask for more food! Life is short, order the extra entree and double desserts! 

On 12/4/2018 at 5:08 PM, Pitachip1210 said:

In the MDR, I often order two or three meat or fish /shell fish entrees.  I may eat it all, or just sample each.  

With pasta ,  sometimes I’ll request a smaller appetizer portion instead of the full entree.

In the MDR,  there is no limitation how much you eat, including appetizers and deserts.

I’ve never been refused a request for multiple entriees, salads, soups, or deserts.

It’s all you can eat.

Good luck.

King

On 12/4/2018 at 5:08 PM, Pitachip1210 said:

Is it considered rude or uncouth to order multiple items from each course when dining in the main dining rooms?

Not a problem in the main dining rooms.  In the extra cost venues, there may be an charge for additional entrees over one.

On one of our cruises we had people at our table who regularly ordered 2 or 3 appetizers and (on occasion) 2 entrees.

I will sometimes order 2 desserts.