Breakaway from NOLA- #CruiselikeaDavis

toosaxykk

Hello fellow cruise addicts! My family and I LOVE to cruise and we love to share our experiences with y'all! 

My DH, 2 kids (6 and 9) and I sailed on the NCL Breakaway over Thanksgiving break out of New Orleans. This was only the 2nd sailing from NOLA and it was a sold-out cruise. We all had a GREAT time but we did notice a few things both good and bad throughout our trip! 

I am a cruise journalist and avid blogger so I will be sharing our experiences via our blog! #CruiselikeaDavis 

Here is our Pre-Cruise travels in Baton Rouge and New Orleans! 

https://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2018/12/breakaway-from-holiday-pre-cruise-travel.html

I greatly appreciate y'all following along! 

I am currently scanning all of the FreeStyles and will be posting those soon! Follow us on Twitter, Instragram and YouTube. 

In the meantime... if you have specific questions, do not hesitate to ask and I will answer as quickly as possible (I am a teacher and it is December, so bare with me). 

Love y'all! 

PRE-TRAVELS to Baton Rouge and New Orleans

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How was getting onboard.  Since the breakaway, I BELEIVE IS THE LARGEST CAPACITY Ship to  cruise from New Orleans, how was your experience.  Have cruised from NOLA before on NCL, but not this size Ship.  WE will be taking a taxi from a  French Q Hotel, wondering  how the drop off at Terminal will be. 

Sailing on the Breakaway out of NOLA on 1/27, and very interested in your embarkation and disembarkation process.   Have sailed out of NOLA many times, but never on a vessel of that size for passengers.  Also interested in parking locations if the Whale Lot is still accessible, and if any other ships are in port at the same time.

Thanks.  (:>)

15 hours ago, toosaxykk said:

(snip...)

In the meantime... if you have specific questions, do not hesitate to ask and I will answer as quickly as possible (I am a teacher and it is December, so bare with me). 

No thanks, it's too  cold to take my clothes off.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, toosaxykk said:

My DH, 2 kids (6 and 9) and I sailed on the NCL Breakaway over Thanksgiving break out of New Orleans.

We were on this cruise.  We also arrived early and I took a picture of the line forming to check-in.  Lo and behold...there you are!

20181118_092702.jpg

20 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

How was getting onboard.  Since the breakaway, I BELEIVE IS THE LARGEST CAPACITY Ship to  cruise from New Orleans, how was your experience.  Have cruised from NOLA before on NCL, but not this size Ship.  WE will be taking a taxi from a  French Q Hotel, wondering  how the drop off at Terminal will be. 

Embarkation- Not too bad at all. We’ve sailed on the Dream from NOLA and this was just as smooth. We DID arrive early and were some of he very 1st to get checked in and etc but we did not notice anything that would be chaotic. I would advise you to sit towRds the gangway entrance instead of the back corner where they told us to sit while waiting. But that’s not a complaint by any means. 

20 hours ago, starflwrj said:

We are on the same cruise leaving on December 30th any tips or tricks greatly appreciated this will be our first NCL

I will have lots of tips and tricks on the daily blog posts for sure. If sailing with kids I would get them registered early. Book reservations of SD precruise and then entertainment ASAP! 

Edited by toosaxykk

7 hours ago, Alan C said:

Sailing on the Breakaway out of NOLA on 1/27, and very interested in your embarkation and disembarkation process.   Have sailed out of NOLA many times, but never on a vessel of that size for passengers.  Also interested in parking locations if the Whale Lot is still accessible, and if any other ships are in port at the same time.

Thanks.  (:>)

We didn’t notice embarkation being an issue. But we were there early. The disembarkation... I swear NCL does it so weird. We weaved in and out of the deck 7 for about 30-45 minutes before actually getting off. I will also say that we did tagged disembark (not self assist) and there were still self assist people getting off at the same time. Weaving the opposite direction. 

The Carnival Dream will be in port that day as well. I’m not sure about the parking... sorry. I hope this helps. 

3 hours ago, Socalev said:

We were on this cruise.  We also arrived early and I took a picture of the line forming to check-in.  Lo and behold...there you are!

20181118_092702.jpg

Hahaha... yep there’s me!! I’d be interested to see if you agree with some of our thoughts. We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, as we do with each of ours, but we did notice some things. 

I hope yall had had a great cruise. Happy Holidays! 

Hey, Hey, HEY! It’s #EmbarkationDay. 

We love sailing from NOLA and we’re so excited to share it with our kids! We arrived EARLY sat the terminal and that paid off. Our embarkation process was a breeze and we were on board in no time. 

TIP- Register kids ASAP you get on board. Especially if cruising on a holiday or school break time. It was a little hectic. 

Theres other tips and tricks in this post. 

I hope this helps somebody. 

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2018/12/breakaway-from-holiday-new-orleans.html?m=1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toosaxykk said:

Hahaha... yep there’s me!! I’d be interested to see if you agree with some of our thoughts. We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, as we do with each of ours, but we did notice some things. 

I hope yall had had a great cruise. Happy Holidays! 

I enjoyed your blog very much.  Your kids are so cute.  It really looks like you have a lot of fun on cruises!! We loved sailing out of NOLA and loved the cruise.  My sister's first cruise.  She is a big football fan.  She was one of three Rams fans in the Bliss Lounge and a temporary Saints fan on Thanksgiving.  I was doing my favorite thing on the ship - gambling!!  Happy Holidays to you too!!

Looking forward to the rest of your review & the dailies. We're on the Christmas sailing with our 10 year old. She loved Splash Academy on the Pearl in Alaska this summer, and was excited about moving up to Dolphins on this sailing. There were only maybe 15 kids across all age groups enrolled on that trip in the program, so from your review and others, it sounds like it's going to be a totally different experience this time around for us and her... 

Thanks for the tip on the SA closures... I'm going to check all our dining and show reservations now! 

I am loving your blog! We are bringing our own Natalee on the BA in February. Your photo and the caption of 'Cruising through life together, one port at a time' got me :classic_love: How sweet! I will have to recreate that photo also.

21 hours ago, Socalev said:

I enjoyed your blog very much.  Your kids are so cute.  It really looks like you have a lot of fun on cruises!! We loved sailing out of NOLA and loved the cruise.  My sister's first cruise.  She is a big football fan.  She was one of three Rams fans in the Bliss Lounge and a temporary Saints fan on Thanksgiving.  I was doing my favorite thing on the ship - gambling!!  Happy Holidays to you too!!

Thank you so much. We had a great cruise. 

Happy Holidays. 

19 hours ago, UnrulySun said:

Looking forward to the rest of your review & the dailies. We're on the Christmas sailing with our 10 year old. She loved Splash Academy on the Pearl in Alaska this summer, and was excited about moving up to Dolphins on this sailing. There were only maybe 15 kids across all age groups enrolled on that trip in the program, so from your review and others, it sounds like it's going to be a totally different experience this time around for us and her... 

Thanks for the tip on the SA closures... I'm going to check all our dining and show reservations now! 

Yes be sure to check times of ports and then plan accordingly. It was a little aggravating to have to reschedule it all. But we still had a great time. 

8 hours ago, Dawnya00 said:

I am loving your blog! We are bringing our own Natalee on the BA in February. Your photo and the caption of 'Cruising through life together, one port at a time' got me :classic_love: How sweet! I will have to recreate that photo also.

Thanks. We love cruising with each other. I think Natalee will love it.