traffic commute times to LGA from Brooklyn cruise terminal

dfwguy

Hello all, 

Our last crossing was in 2017. Highways were a mess (construction) between  Brooklyn cruise terminal and LaGuardia (LGA). We used the Cunard transfer bus and  were off the ship, luggage in hand by 10 am.   But, due to traffic and bus issues (luggage  in bus cargohold was at full capacity but only 40% passenger seats filled) In fact, we were within minutes of missing our 12:30 flight.  Does anyone know if construction at LGA is still causing traffic delays?  We seriously are thinking  a taxi may be a safer bet, as they can maneuver a bit fast than the bus. Have a 1:00 LGA departure this time.

Well, I live steps from LGA, and I can tell you the traffic is quite a mess. The airport is undergoing massive renovations, along with the access roads. Leave what would seem a huge amount of time to get there from the terminal. Vehicle traffic entering LGA is usually backed up onto the Grand Central almost back to the gas station. We have had incidents where people abandoned their taxis and walked the last leg into the airport because the traffic was so bad. Sorry for the news, but knowing what to expect is probably a good thing in this area.

In September we did self-checkout and were off the QM2 at 8:30AM and through Customs at 8:35AM on a Monday. As we were leaving Customs we called for a cab (I can't remember the company name but the # is (718) 783-6465 and was highly recommended on this Board). We were at LGA at 9:10AM and United got us on the 10:30AM flight to ORD instead of the 2:30PM flight were were scheduled on. When we got to the gate the agent called our names and told us we had been upgraded to First. I probably should have bought a Lotto ticket when we landed:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1