Carnival Mardi Gras 2020

Luke Dawg

8 minutes ago, Thorncroft said:

I wish they would re-use Destiny.  I liked that name. In lieu of that, Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria would've been cool. 

I could see Carnival Destiny happening in 2022, although presumably all of the retired ship names (other than perhaps “Carnivale”) are now in play.

• Like 1

Carnival is selling it as a ground up rethinking of ship layout, etc.  So I have high expectations.  We will see if it's just marketing speak or if they will actually come out with something new and innovative with the layout.  Hoping for the best.

4 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Carnival is selling it as a ground up rethinking of ship layout, etc.  So I have high expectations.  We will see if it's just marketing speak or if they will actually come out with something new and innovative with the layout.  Hoping for the best.

It is a new design and not the same old Destiny/Conquest/Dream/Vista family.

The picture looks like a Spirit/Dream hybrid.  It has alternating extended balconies and regular balconies on each side like the Spirit class.  It has what looks like cove balconies from the Dream class.  It also appears to have a glass wall around all of deck 5 as well as an open space on deck 5 aft like the Dream class.

The CD, Marty, on Fantasy announced it this evening. It was done simultaneously with announcement on all other ships in the fleet at 6:30 pm (7:30 est)., with a balloon drop. What a nice surprise! He pulled it from a golden envelope in the atrium. Fun!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Did have the transatlantic scheduled, but Carnival cancelled due to delays in the shipyard providing the ship on time.

But do have another cruise scheduled at same time. Was able to move the money and fees over to a new cruise. At a discount.