PNG Cruise

ellemaytravel

We have temporary booked a P&O cruise on Aria to PNG for 8 nights in February . I'm wondering if anyone else has done this cruise at this time of the year ?  I know it's hot, humid , & cyclone season but I have wanted to do this trip for some time & we are free to travel in Feb.  Do u think its worth risking a cruise at this time of the year. ??  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank You. 

We did the cruise two years ago in Nov from CNS.  We are from CNS so the weather not much different.  It was hot and humid in Rabaul but other than that it was ok. February weather abt the same as November.  I would check the cyclone watch.  However cyclones mainly come from the Pacific the last couple of years.  Snorkelling and diving in PNG and the Solomons was unbelievable. Hope this helps. 

We cruised to PNG in February 2015. We had a great trip although we did have 2 cyclones form, 1 each side of us while we were up there. We missed one stop and our clever Captain managed to avoid both of them with just a day or two of larger than normal swells.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sfoflyman said:

Can anyone direct me as to how to connect with cruise png which has lots of info on png.    Thank you for any help that is forthcoming.  

You need to book and look at a lot of  faces lol