My Craps experience on Oasis of the Seas - 11/25 - 12/1

barneco

Was on the Oasis of the Seas for 7 days playing Craps.  Have played a lot on Carnival and a fair amount on NCL.

Played for 10 sessions.  Saw more 5, 6, 8 and 9's that I can ever remember on a cruise.  Seemed like most people were making lots of money (we came out ahead on 8 of the 10 sessions).

Interesting things:

• Odds seemed to be only Single, but if you bet enough ($25?) you could get Double odds and if you bet more ($50?) you could get 3-4-5 odds.
  • They had two tables, but only opened the 2nd table after 8:30-9:00 at night regardless of how busy the 1st table was and there was a pretty large core of players on this cruise (seemed like 12 - 20).
  • Tables were not bouncy.  The only time dice went off the table was when people actually through them off the table.
  • Dealers were very competent, but not overly friendly.  Only a couple really talked to customers that I saw and it did not seem to matter how much people were betting (we were definitely low rollers).
  • Pit Critters/Suits were even less friendly.  Not once did we get a "welcome back to the table" or a "nice to see you again".
  • RCI seemed to be the least accommodating (or it could be just the Oasis - will find out more as we are sailing on the Empress OTS in March) as far as opening tables or getting more dealers.  I know they have schedules, but on Carnival and NCL they also seemed to work things out.