New train connection from Regensburg to Munich Airport

steamboats

Starting Sunday, Dec 9th, 2018 there´s a new Express train from Regensburg via Landshut and Freising to Munich Airport. The train runs every hour and it takes 75 min for the whole trip (13 min Freising - airport, 35 min Landshut - airport). Of course the train is also going from Munich airport to Regensburg :classic_biggrin:.

This is absolutely a first as for the last 26 years Munich airport could be only reached via S-Bahn (suburban train) out of Munich. The new train is also using the underground station at the airport which is currently for S-Bahn only.

This might be of interest for those who organize an independent transfer from Munich airport.

steamboats

• Like 2

I just saw a video report of this new service on the DB site with a link to the schedule.  This is all in German:  https://www.bahn.de/regional/view/regionen/bayern/info/flughafenverkehr-regio-bayern.shtml

Edited by RDVIK2016
Remove info already provided by steamboats. Replaced with a link to German Railroads site instead

Yes, it was just a warning strike from 5 am til 9 am. But all traffic more or less broke down. No suburban trains in Munich. No trains to the airport at all.

Many of my collegues did not get to the office.

I hope they will settle with the management soon. So far no warning strikes announced.

steamboats