Bahamas diving

Mrsdigi

We are diving in st Thomas on our Harmony cruise but want one more day of diving.  How is the diving in the Bahamas?  I saw a private dive with sharks.  Anyone ever done this?  Recommended dive shops?  Thanks!  I'm going to post on the Bahamas board too.  

Stuart Cove is the big dog in Nassau. Most cruise lines who run excursions use them.

They are actually not in Nassau but rather a 20 minute ride to the other side of the island, but transportation is included in most of their packages

https://stuartcove.com/

I used them both thru cruise ships and DIY ... nothing spectacular but reliable and safe 

Edited by Capt_BJ

10 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

Stuart Cove is the big dog in Nassau. Most cruise lines who run excursions use them.

They are actually not in Nassau but rather a 20 minute ride to the other side of the island, but transportation is included in most of their packages

I used them both thru cruise ships and DIY ... nothing spectacular but reliable and safe 

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 9:58 AM, Capt_BJ said:

I will second this. 

• 1 month later...

I just tried booking through Stuart Cove for a February 11th stop in Nassau, Stuart Cove told me (via a telephone conversation) that they pick-up at the cruise terminal at 7:45 a.m. I will be on the Oasis with an 8:00 a.m. arrival, which means more like 8:30 a.m. departure from the ship. Stuart Cove just said sorry, their pick-up time is 7:45, work out your transportation to the shop via the cruise ship, basically, book an excursion through the ship instead of independently; which stinks, I have always booked my dives independently, but I guess the cruise lines are bullying operators to force passengers to book via their more expensive excursions.