Live Blog: Bliss Dec 8th

8373seth

Our first live blog. This will be our 12th cruise, our 2nd on NCL. We will be in a balcony. We are leaving Cincinnati now and will be staying at The Broadmoor Miami Beach. 

Hopefully we will provide some valuable information and maybe even a bit of entertainment for you. 

Please ask questions! 

Its 31F here. Sunny but cold. Looking forward to warm Miami. 

FBA94458-8DB1-48D9-B8CE-341A18BFDCC3.jpeg

• Like 1

It's typical on Bliss cruise reviews for the reviewer to go 15 rounds with Jose Cuervo (or their preferred tequila) each day and show pictures of each drink. That includes the pre-cruise stay in Miami.

Have a great cruise, can't wait until our turn in March.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NittanyCruise said:

We'll be on the bliss with ya if we make it out of Dulles airport. Got a delay on Southwest because of a window. We had to deplane. So we're looking at getting into Fort Lauderdale around 1am then ubering to our hotel in Miami. 

Yikes! Sending good vibes your way. 

We will be on the cruise with you. We drove over from Tampa this afternoon and are staying at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove, where we will leave our car for the week. Looking forward to your live blog and hope to meet you on board.

We made it to the hotel after several attempts to get a Lyft. Tip: it seems that most Lyft drivers at MIA do not go to the arrivals area for pickup. They go to another level. I’d suggest giving the Lyft driver a call and letting them know you are downstairs. The app says Arrivals area so I’m not sure where the confusion is. Also, we tried to get 4 different Lyfts before being successful. 

We are staying in the Broadmoor at Miami Beach. It took about 35 mins in the Lyft to get here. Tip: if you have a Dela AmEx Card and use it for payment on Lyft, you get $10.00s off two trips. The cost without the coupon would have been $23.00. With the coupon we paid $13.00. 

The hotel is from the 1940’s Art Decco era. They have recently completed a renovation on the rooms. The rooms are large and have great ocean views. 

The front desk was very helpful and gave us great advice on where to eat. They also have a Mexican restaurant onsite. Taquiza. We ate there. The tacos were awesome and the chips where very different from anything we’ve had. They were thick, just out of the frier, soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside. We order two batches. 

The beach is just across the road and they have chairs, free breakfast and free internet. Maybe not free. I think there was a resort fee of $18. 

We we are excited to board the Bliss tomorrow. We might get the Vibe passes. More than likely we will just get the spa passes for the week. I look forward to the ice and salt rooms. 

77DAF0B6-0E22-44AA-AECF-262983F26ECB.jpeg

0C55E01F-F7B5-4007-83DE-C31A768733FB.jpeg

A7C9AD77-FE48-41AF-97A0-4CBEB999A617.jpeg

3D7F8532-0F94-46D2-99EF-E40EA6FDD64F.jpeg

3 hours ago, FLJIM said:

It's typical on Bliss cruise reviews for the reviewer to go 15 rounds with Jose Cuervo (or their preferred tequila) each day and show pictures of each drink. That includes the pre-cruise stay in Miami.

Have a great cruise, can't wait until our turn in March.

I might be a bit of a disappointment. I’m not much of a drinker. However as part of the perks we have the free drinks. Todd has declared that his goal is to get me drunk. Therefore you will see some drink pictures. Not tequila. Can’t drink that stuff.  I imagine the drinks will be of the sweet, fruity, frufru type. 

58 minutes ago, cincicruisers said:

Following.  Have a great vacation and I am looking forward to your review.  

If you get a Vibe pass can u fill me in on when u boarded, where you went to get pass, amount of pass, and what number was your pass?

Vibe passes are sold at the Social comedy club. Deck 6 mid - under the glass staircase. If you're not in boarding group 1 or Platinum or Haven, the chances become slim. Price is $129...

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Vibe passes are sold at the Social comedy club. Deck 6 mid - under the glass staircase. If you're not in boarding group 1 or Platinum or Haven, the chances become slim. Price is $129...

Thank you.  Can you tell me what deck you boarded the ship on?

4 minutes ago, NittanyCruise said:

Those of us stuck in Dulles (thanks Southwest) made it to FLL around 1am instead of 9pm last night. Yay. Onto the cruise port soon... 

How are you up already? I'd still be snoozing.  What time are you heading to the port.  We will around 11:00am. (our checkout time). Glad you made it!

We are onboard and have been fed. The boarding was super fast. We were at the port at 11:20 and onboard by 11:35. 

There was was a large selection of food and we were able to find seating despite the crowd. 

Currently we are sitting in the back of the ship in H2O area. Todd is drinking a painkiller. I tried it and let’s say it’s not for me. 

The teeny tiny rather old Carnival Sensation is behind us. We were wondering why folks would still travel on it. Maybe some of y’all can fill us in. In front of us is the Symphony of the seas.

Its nice to be in in the sun!  

AA05BCD6-5FD4-46D2-9180-B277692315AA.jpeg

EC083603-E04A-4EFA-9998-DED37F6D8E60.jpeg

• Like 3