Key West pier

OCVTSGIRL

My husband just read that a cruise ship crashed into a mooring dolphin at Mallory Square in Key West and that the pier will be closed for a few months.  We are on the Brilliance in February and one of our stops is Key West.  Does anybody know if RCCL docks at Mallory Square or somewhere else?  If they dock at Mallory Square, are they able to use another pier?

I believe your sailing in Feb is docking at Pier B according the the cruise ship port schedule.  The pier that got damaged is right at Mallory Square.  We are on the Brilliance in March and I checked and she is docking at the Outer Mole which is the Navy pier

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I believe your sailing in Feb is docking at Pier B according the the cruise ship port schedule.  The pier that got damaged is right at Mallory Square.  We are on the Brilliance in March and I checked and she is docking at the Outer Mole which is the Navy pier

Pier B is walking distance to Mallory Square, right?

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Thank you!  It has been a long time since we have been to Key West and we had no idea where it docked.  We are looking forward to it and it is the reason we booked this ship and itinerary.  

10 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

There is a video of the accident over on the Key West board . You can see 2 ships at Mallory Square, and further in the background you can see a ship at Pier B. 

It’s not that far, easily walkable . 

Actually the 2 piers at Mallory square are pier M for small ships that is damaged and pier B for larger ships that is ok. The pier further in the back is pier OM in the Navy area. The only Royal ship affected by the damage is Empress and it will become an issue only on days with three ships in port. This will apply two times in January.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:25 AM, Saab4444 said:

Actually the 2 piers at Mallory square are pier M for small ships that is damaged and pier B for larger ships that is ok. The pier further in the back is pier OM in the Navy area. The only Royal ship affected by the damage is Empress and it will become an issue only on days with three ships in port. This will apply two times in January.

I’m due in on Empress on 1st January.  Not sure yet what will happen 🤷‍♀️ 

On 12/8/2018 at 12:25 PM, Saab4444 said:

Exactly! When you go on google maps you can see two ships docked. BTW the Celebrity Edge was at pier B yesterday.

steamboats