Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
1980dory

coffee

Recommended Posts

1. Coffee (n) definition: the person who is coughed on 

2.Decaf (n) definition:  Coffee with no caffein

3. Coffein (n) definition: Regular coffee with caffein

4.  Coffee with chicory (n) definition:  Natural organic coffee (with weeds)

5. Coffee without chicory: Weed free coffee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 7:15 PM, GUT2407 said:

I prefer my caffeine cold.

Gut,

Yes.  That's OK too.  That would be freeze dried coffein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my coffee setup when travelling. Flair manual lever machine, alocs grinder (re-badged lume), and gridlock beans.

20180926_081409.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 6:00 PM, andlep said:

Here is my coffee setup when travelling. Flair manual lever machine, alocs grinder (re-badged lume), and gridlock beans.

20180926_081409.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mercy me!  How do you get all that  through TSA?  Not to mention, even on to a cruise ship.  Compound all that with the fact that you're Australian, and probably a terrorist or drug smuggler.  (Those beans look terribly suspicious).  Better step over here and get a thorough screening. 

Not to mention the fact that the cruise line won't be able to sell you a 'coffee package'.

Very suspicious indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Mercy me!  How do you get all that  through TSA?  Not to mention, even on to a cruise ship.  Compound all that with the fact that you're Australian, and probably a terrorist or drug smuggler.  (Those beans look terribly suspicious).  Better step over here and get a thorough screening. 

Not to mention the fact that the cruise line won't be able to sell you a 'coffee package'.

Very suspicious indeed!

Lol. 

I only take the flair if I am not flying to the port, and checked in luggage only(cue the "hands tired jokes lol"). When weight or space is an issue I take my aeropress or my new delter press (highly recommended). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m glad I’m not a coffee fanatic when I see all that, rarely drink coffee but when I do I want a good one so would probably end up needing all that gear or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:02 PM, 1980dory said:

Andlep,

When and how much Vegamite do you add to your coffee?

Is that the OZ version of #4?:classic_laugh:

 

Andlep:  While your methods do produce great coffee, I use Chemex and French Press at home, to me they are such a pain in the arse to clean up after on a ship.  And in the time it takes room service to deliver the hot water, I've been tot he specialty coffee kiosk and returned and am sipping away on the balcony.  What's your secret on the ship that makes these methods useful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

 

 What's your secret on the ship that makes these methods useful?

The secret is the quality and freshness of the beans I bring make a coffee worth the trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, andlep said:

The secret is the quality and freshness of the beans I bring make a coffee worth the trouble. 

May I ask where your beans come from?  Local roaster?  Thai Peaberry?  Sumatra? Papua New Guinea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

May I ask where your beans come from?  Local roaster?  Thai Peaberry?  Sumatra? Papua New Guinea?

They are from a local roaster who has a blend  I really like. Google tells me you have lots of roasters in Tallahassee which is good to see 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple. Lucky Goat is the major one.  Good African beans.

 

I buy a lot of my coffee from Mountain Bird in Arkansas.  Central American beans.  Owner roaster is an old childhood neighbor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...