Laundry special

PandJ60

54 minutes ago, PandJ60 said:

Hi all,

We are on the Star next Friday 12/14 , for 7 days. What day will they run the laundry special ( wash everything in the bag for one price ) for a cruise departing on a Friday? 

Thanks for the help 

It is normally offered on Day 4. It is 2-day service returning on the night of Day 6. $19.95 fill a bag

We just got off of the Breakaway on Thursday.  On day 8 of 11, we asked our steward when the laundry special would be announced, and he said that we can use it anytime, just fill the bag and write PROMO on the the laundry slip.  We filled 2 bags, got them back the next day, and were charged $19.95 each.  They never did advertise the special during our cruise.

26 minutes ago, jlkb said:

We just got off of the Breakaway on Thursday.  On day 8 of 11, we asked our steward when the laundry special would be announced, and he said that we can use it anytime, just fill the bag and write PROMO on the the laundry slip.  We filled 2 bags, got them back the next day, and were charged $19.95 each.  They never did advertise the special during our cruise.

:classic_ohmy::classic_huh:

WOW ... this is good to know.  I wonder if it works on all NCL ships.  Hmmm .... 

11 hours ago, jlkb said:

Impressed that they allowed 2 bags-did he bring the bags to you or were they already in your room?

We are on the Epic in January for 11 days and I'm hoping we can do the same!

just off the Epic last week and we had promos in the daily newsletter on day 4 and 8, grabbed bags from steward each time.  easy breezy.

we took advantage of service both times.   laundry was returned to room following day in basket, folded. 

nothing like going home with almost all our clothes clean. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tbo said:

Impressed that they allowed 2 bags-did he bring the bags to you or were they already in your room?

We are on the Epic in January for 11 days and I'm hoping we can do the same!

We had to ask him for the bags.  There were none in our room.

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2018 at 10:19 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Apparently just ask your cabin steward for the info and the bag and invoice if it is not already hanging in the coat closet.

We had to ask because there was no bag in the room.  We did the $19.95 for a full bag special, and got half off with gold Latitudes.  I thought it was money well spent.

On the Bliss last month, there was a laundry bag in our room on embarkation day, but I set it aside in the closet without reading anything attached to it. On about day 4 (of a 14-day cruise), the steward moved the bag back onto our bed and I skimmed over what I presumed to be the usual laundry special. It was too early in the cruise for laundry, so we didn't do anything. A week went by, and still no second laundry special. I called guest services to ask when the next one would be and they couldn't tell me. Finally, 3 days before the end of the cruise and the day of the last of DH's underwear, I pulled out the laundry bag and read the fine print. The $19.99/bag was an ongoing special! You could use it on any day of the cruise! Good grief...wish they'd made that more clear for those of us who are used to the once or twice a cruise one day only laundry specials!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MyTMo777 said:

On the Bliss last month, there was a laundry bag in our room on embarkation day, but I set it aside in the closet without reading anything attached to it. On about day 4 (of a 14-day cruise), the steward moved the bag back onto our bed and I skimmed over what I presumed to be the usual laundry special. It was too early in the cruise for laundry, so we didn't do anything. A week went by, and still no second laundry special. I called guest services to ask when the next one would be and they couldn't tell me. Finally, 3 days before the end of the cruise and the day of the last of DH's underwear, I pulled out the laundry bag and read the fine print. The $19.99/bag was an ongoing special! You could use it on any day of the cruise! Good grief...wish they'd made that more clear for those of us who are used to the once or twice a cruise one day only laundry specials!

YES it would be oh so nice if the unadvertised (ongoing special) offer would be made public.

It would be to NCLs advantage to offer the one bag deal per cabin at any time during the cruise instead of scheduling

all the guest laundry on one select day. The ships laundry operates 24 hours a day during the entire cruise - source

BST Q & A.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, inspiration100 said:

Can I compress the dirty laundry in a compression bag and then put it into the laundry bag?  Serious question because I always have compression bags with me.

If you think it will float your boat getting one more pair of sox and that last BVD in the bag go for it.

The pillow size laundry bag should handle what you have - the ole paper bags were never very good - - -

but then if you encounter the paper bag your compression method may have merits.

Make sure that your cabin attendant is providing you with the pillow size fabric bag.

Remember to plan your mix and match wardrobe - you will be without some of your clothes for about

two days while the laundry is being done up.

My nephew uses the compression method on his luggage - I was skeptical at first but it does work - he

asks the cabin attendant for the use of a floor vacuum with auxillary detachable hose to do make this work.

Sucks the air out of the luggage space condensing and compressing the contents into a small package.