down loading the E tickets

newjoisey

What they're saying is that it only prints the e-ticket displayed on the page and not the rest of the page.

Screenshot_20181209-172731.thumb.png.44d59859a588a829333b026142502d2e.png

I print both tickets but pages 2-x for only one of them. Sometimes its handy to have an actual copy of the contract under which one is traveling.

Edited by Underwatr
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, Lilydes said:

When someone says print the tickets out yourself to save paper and ink, it's to save their paper and ink, not yours. And it certainly isn't to save the planet.

No, Lilydes, sorry, but I don't agree. First and foremost, it is to contribute saving the planet, it is to save the sender's paper and ink and the customer's paper and ink as well.

The three of it make sense, believe me.

I suggest to print the first page only with all your data on it. If need be, you can always go online on the ship to print or read the rest of the contract.

Bon voyage!

On 12/9/2018 at 3:00 PM, Lilydes said:

When someone says print the tickets out yourself to save paper and ink, it's to save their paper and ink, not yours. And it certainly isn't to save the planet.

I hear you. My bank is always trying to get me to go paperless (their paper, not mine) for the same purpose, and yet they include one or more pages advertising their services, and in the case of my credit card 'convenience checks'. I suggested once that they cut out the extra pages and the customer service person said they do that for 'my convenience' to let me know that there are additional services that they offer. Really?

9 hours ago, Cats2010 said:

No, Lilydes, sorry, but I don't agree. First and foremost, it is to contribute saving the planet, it is to save the sender's paper and ink and the customer's paper and ink as well.

The three of it make sense, believe me.

I suggest to print the first page only with all your data on it. If need be, you can always go online on the ship to print or read the rest of the contract.

Bon voyage!

How does it save my paper and ink, when they don't print it and I do, not to mention causing me the mild inconvenience of having to do it?

• Like 1

It should be downloadable so you can print what you need(want), manipulate to be efficient for printing, or just save to a device.  Even though set to print on letter size and 'scale to print' - it doesn't scale.  It takes either 3 pieces of paper or 2 printed 2 sided. Archaic - particularly as it has no information on it that requires an actual paper copy.  All we really need is our booking number and mental note of the embarkation time and address.

17 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

When you check in, all they want is your passport. The piece of paper (or image on a device - I haven't tried that) is only needed to get past the security check prior to the walk-thru metal detectors on the way to check-in.

This is a true statement.  On our last Cunard cruise, my wife and I suffered a collective brain fart and printed two of the same eTickets, instead of one for me and one for her.  No issues at all, showed two printed tickets at security and when we got to the check-in desk all they wanted to see were our passports.

43 minutes ago, mef_57 said:

It should be downloadable so you can print what you need(want), manipulate to be efficient for printing, or just save to a device.  Even though set to print on letter size and 'scale to print' - it doesn't scale.  It takes either 3 pieces of paper or 2 printed 2 sided. Archaic - particularly as it has no information on it that requires an actual paper copy.  All we really need is our booking number and mental note of the embarkation time and address.

I think I'm a little confused by this since I have been able to save Cunard e-tickets on my PC as pdf files in the past. And here is a screen shot of the first page of my last e-ticket pdf document that I saved on my PC (with personal details grayed out) showing the page with all the relevant information for printing on one piece of paper.

658926558_CunardE-Ticket.thumb.jpg.78c8d3c8167434b023089163936d12e8.jpg

Sorry, I don't currently have an active e-ticket in voyager personaliser to confirm the process I have used in the past.

19 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I think I'm a little confused by this since I have been able to save Cunard e-tickets on my PC as pdf files in the past. And here is a screen shot of the first page of my last e-ticket pdf document that I saved on my PC (with personal details grayed out) showing the page with all the relevant information for printing on one piece of paper.

Sorry, I don't currently have an active e-ticket in voyager personaliser to confirm the process I have used in the past.

John, I tried both Firefox and Chrome (just in case), but the only option is 'Print' with the header about being printer friendly as Underwatr noted above.  I tried to get to the e-Doc from different areas of the website, but all looked the same.  Not a tidy document at all once moved to paper.

It would be useful if they went back to a pdf option....or in this day and age - loading to Google Docs or some cloud storage that was phone friendly. One can only hope.

On the ticket page, below the image of the ticket there should be a big green button that says PRINT E-TICKET.

On all of my devices (PC, phone, tablet) that button brings up a print dialog that only has the ticket and passage contract. Print all of it, just the first page, or save it as a PDF.

Edited by Underwatr

Why is an e ticket needed at all?    Your booking is in computer.  The person at the desk never looks at it--only the computer screen, your passport and most importantly, your credit card.  Yes I know airlines have them--not sure about them either but one argument at a time.  Oh, and the last time we sailed on Cunard the e ticket wasn't  collected.

8 minutes ago, doghouse2 said:

Why is an e ticket needed at all?    Your booking is in computer.  The person at the desk never looks at it--only the computer screen, your passport and most importantly, your credit card.  Yes I know airlines have them--not sure about them either but one argument at a time.  Oh, and the last time we sailed on Cunard the e ticket wasn't  collected.

I can't say what the procedure is at other ports, but in Brooklyn, they do ask to see your e-ticket at the entrance to the security check point before you get to the check-in desks. I don't know if it's actually required to have your e-ticket there. I suppose if you don't have it, they would have other ways to look you up on the passenger manifest. But having the e-ticket available certainly speeds up the process of getting through the security check point in Brooklyn. I agree no one has ever asked for my e-ticket at the actual check-in desks.

I also recall on at least one occasion I was asked to show my e-ticket at the entrance to the priority check-in queue to verify that I really had Platinum CWC status and therefore was entitled to join the priority queue. Sometimes they have taken my word for it, other times they have asked to verify my CWC status as shown on the e-ticket.

Yes, you are correct.  It is used to help them make sure we are in the right line.  I assume to cut down on the chaos of checking in on at least the Queen Mary.  Maybe it should be renamed: line (queue) access ticket.  Aside from line access perhaps the real reason is to for Cunard/Carnival to be sure we have the fine print about the cruise (even if you don't print it/read it/understand it.)