Seaside 12.08.18 with mom live-ish

CoffeeGoddess

Thanks for posting the Top Sail menus.  Am I reading it correctly, that if my husband wants a Hendricks and Tonic, he would have to pay for it?  (Hendricks isn't included on the Spirits list that I assume is included.)  Does that sound right?  

Also, the wines listed by the glass, is an up-to dollar amount set, and anything more than that is a charge?

Thanks again for taking the time to post pictures.  Enjoy your cruise!

39 minutes ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

You just reminded me, the bartender in the YC did ask if I wanted to upgrade to Premium Plus when I was asking him what I could still get under the old program and he said it was around $16 or $17 per day to do it. He was going to get me the actual cost but then we went to lunch and I've been happy with what I've had so haven't asked again.

Everything so far my mom and I have gotten has been free. 

Are room service and mini-bar included without upgrading to Premium Plus?  

What makes the Premium Plus so special that we'd want to pay the upcharge?  My husband can live without having Hendricks, even though he thought he was getting it.  My 2 Vodkas are on the Premium list, so I'm good.  What do you get with Premium Plus?  (Is that how you get gelato?)  Is there a better selection of wines by the glass available with Premium Plus?  Is that how you get to drink premium champagne by the glass?

Someone posted on the FB group for YC last night that "for now" room service and mini-bar are included, but that would be changing.  I'm wondering if soon the only way you'll have those things included is with Premium Plus.

Edited by jules815

5 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Are room service and mini-bar included without upgrading to Premium Plus?  

Okay, this is where I am uncertain.   since I booked under the old YC I basically get the old deluxe package which included both.  I would assume whatever YC is now would also include that but I really can't confirm right now. 

Now the bartender at YC said I could get cocktails up to $12 but I'm at the Champagne Bar right now and when I told the bartender there I was in the YC she said I could order anything up to $16.  I am inclined to believe her over the YC bartender because he said there were asterisks on the menus and was surprised when I told him they were not there anymore.

Anything on the Topsail Lounge menu that has a dollar amount is extra for regular YC, Premium Plus would cover all the drinks by the glass.  Mini bar is already included with the old YC Deluxe and also supposedly in the new YC package. That is why I hoped YC would get a price break versus the $17 Premium to Premium Plus cost.  The Deluxe had a price limit of $13, how that is enforced around the ship with the new drink prices might vary.

16 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Thanks for posting the Top Sail menus.  Am I reading it correctly, that if my husband wants a Hendricks and Tonic, he would have to pay for it?  (Hendricks isn't included on the Spirits list that I assume is included.)  Does that sound right?  

Also, the wines listed by the glass, is an up-to dollar amount set, and anything more than that is a charge?

Thanks again for taking the time to post pictures.  Enjoy your cruise!

Well, poop, I didn't notice about the Hendricks. That is one of my favs so I wi check on that soon and let you know.

In the YC it's anything that doesn't have a price by it is included but if it has a price you have to pay.  I missed the wines in my first post but posted what was included when some asked a little later. See my post above about the $ amount in other bars.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

Okay, this is where I am uncertain.   since I booked under the old YC I basically get the old deluxe package which included both.  I would assume whatever YC is now would also include that but I really can't confirm right now. 

Now the bartender at YC said I could get cocktails up to $12 but I'm at the Champagne Bar right now and when I told the bartender there I was in the YC she said I could order anything up to $16.  I am inclined to believe her over the YC bartender because he said there were asterisks on the menus and was surprised when I told him they were not there anymore.

We booked in June, and were also told at that time that we had the Deluxe Package.  So if you can get cocktails up to $12 in YC, he could get his Hendricks.  

It's all so confusing.  Thank you for answering us (I'm happy the internet's working well for you!)  Have a wonderful evening!!

1 minute ago, Até said:

Anything on the Topsail Lounge menu that has a dollar amount is extra for regular YC, Premium Plus would cover all the drinks by the glass.  Mini bar is already included with the old YC Deluxe and also supposedly in the new YC package. That is why I hoped YC would get a price break versus the $17 Premium to Premium Plus cost.  The Deluxe had a price limit of $13, how that is enforced around the ship with the new drink prices might vary.

Ugh, it's such a mess isn't it? Right now though it's been okay with getting what I would like.  I did get free gelato so it seems that what I should have had when I booked is still working.

Just now, CoffeeGoddess said:

On the plus side this Apple Jack cocktail I'm enjoying in the Champagne Bar is just second to the chocolate Martini I had in Venchi.  I'd post a picture but don't want to wait for the upload check my Instagram.

I'm going to follow you on Instagram.  Thanks again for everything!  

• Like 1

Hi.

Thank you so much for your review! I'm sailing with my mom in February in the YC, we sailed last February and loved it!

I booked this upcoming sailing when it first opened almost two years ago. Am I understanding you correctly that since I booked under the old package that everything in YC drink wise is included? I'm really looking for wine, beer, mojitios, a few frozen drinks and margaritas (oh, and a few martinis LOL).

Thank you very much.

3 hours ago, js said:

I booked this upcoming sailing when it first opened almost two years ago. Am I understanding you correctly that since I booked under the old package that everything in YC drink wise is included? I'm really looking for wine, beer, mojitios, a few frozen drinks and margaritas (oh, and a few martinis LOL).

Thank you very much.

Everything without a price on the Yacht Club menu is included. If it has a price you have to pay.

Well, I shan't be doing last night again anytime soon. I am much to old for that and my body has reminded me of that. 

I had wonderful massage, so good I booked another one for tomorrow and was recovered by the time we docked. I wound up taking mom on a quick stroll since we needed something at Wallgreens then went on my own for dinner. Pictures up on Instagram.

I thought I had posted this already but apparently not.  Here's the Sports Bar menu.  I'll have to resize the Champagne Bar menu as well. Oh, their seafood tower is excellent.

20181208_204829.thumb.jpg.4625c3197a8dcda13927a8e4051f1481.jpg

As you can see, I just posted one part.  Photos on here are just going to have to wait until I get home. I don't have the patience on my vacation to wait on these and usually have at least one fail.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

On 12/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, jules815 said:

Ok, one Hendricks and tonic recieved in the Topsail Lounge at no charge. Will it be the same when you are on? Who can tell . . .

20181210_211407.thumb.jpg.7fa45093dd3fa32bad93c57e9d8471ed.jpg

On 12/9/2018 at 9:54 AM, CoffeeGoddess said:

Here's the menu for the Welcome/Wine and Cocktails bar on 16 by the specialty restaurants.

20181208_212530.thumb.jpg.2bb72868e8962fa7fe62184a7b6fc205.jpg

20181208_212538.thumb.jpg.428ef0703a37de815723dc082b435443.jpg

20181208_212544.thumb.jpg.d9cf8147e047c326e7a36524fea0d108.jpg

20181208_212549.thumb.jpg.df4aa132ef2f71de9225748552296c0d.jpg

Thank you for answering my other post. I appreciate it.

I know where this bar is with the above menu but it is not YC so just want to know why there are no prices. When we are in other parts of the ship, is there a price limit on the drinks we can order if we booked this trip two years ago under the old drinks package?

Thank you. 

10 hours ago, js said:

Thank you for answering my other post. I appreciate it.

I know where this bar is with the above menu but it is not YC so just want to know why there are no prices. When we are in other parts of the ship, is there a price limit on the drinks we can order if we booked this trip two years ago under the old drinks package?

Thank you. 

There are prices on these, they're just at the bottom where they got cut off.  Cocktails up there were all around $10.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:01 PM, kevinrobedm said:

In the YC anything with a price on the menu was "extra" anything without a price was free (included).  They did have quite a large selection of premium liquors and wines but once you left the YC you could only get what each of the bars had at their locations.

For a few months now I've been reading along with all of these changes to the drinks packages.  Our cruise isn't until next month, so I've been sort of sitting back and watching, hoping it would all sort itself out.  I'm more confused now than ever.

I just pulled up our reservation for our Seaside YC cruise on 1/12, and clicked on the link to add drink packages.  "Premium" is anything up to $12. 

Premium Plus is "Unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! Enjoy the finest beverages available, and the freedom to quench your thirst however, whenever and wherever you like! Drinks and food from the minibar and the room service menu and drinks from theme bar menus are all included as well. This offer also entitles you to a 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists. You can order your drinks in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants."

They are currently trying to up-sell YC guests on board to Premium Plus.  (A passenger was told by a YC bartender, it would be an additional $16 or $17 per day to upgrade.)  Does that mean that YC has Premium?

This is where it gets confusing.  I'm using Gin as a reference, because my husband drinks Hendricks.  On the list of gins that aren't included on the YC menu, the ones showing a dollar amount, NONE of those are over $12.  So why would you want to upsell to Premium Plus?  "Premium" is listed as anything up to $12.

What is it that's included in the YC?  If it's "Premium," (up to $12), why are there spirits on the "for a charge" section of the Top Sail menu that are under $12?  

And why would we want to upgrade to Premium Plus?  Do we need that for mini-bar and room service to be included?  Or is that automatically included for YC?

Is Premium Plus really virtually anything?  Can you drink unlimited Moet by the glass?  Why would we want to upgrade from whatever we have now, which, btw, we still have no idea what that is because it changes daily (is it the old Deluxe that we were told we had when we booked??), to the Premium Plus??

And if you read all the way to the bottom of the Premium Plus description, it clearly states that ice cream menu items are NOT included.  So it looks like gelato at Venchi is no longer included, no matter which package you purchase, even if it's Premium +.  (Yet there are some people on board who aren't being charged for gelato.)  

I hope when we board on 1/12, there will be someone in the YC who can clarify all of this.  And I would really like to know why would we want to upgrade to Premium Plus?  Is it really virtually ANYTHING??  What does that mean??

Sorry for beating a dead horse.  Haven't even sailed with MSC yet and already frustrated.  

• Like 1

For us just getting off the Seaview on December 6, 2018 and staying in the Yacht Club, we did not have to pay for any drinks, nor crepes, nor Venchi  (shakes, chocolate martinis, etc.).  The staff told us the YC gave us everything, except super premium alcohol.  We were able to have Grey Goose Vodka, Belevedere Vodka, Tanqueray Ten Gin or pretty much anything that was not super premium anywhere on the ship. 

Perhaps the Seaview  just had not implemented the new "rules" or packages yet but of us it was really not a problem getting anything anywhere.  We could have any drink on the "Smokey" cocktail bar menu without charge.  We could also get doubles or custom drink combinations without charge as well.

I think this just points to MSC not communicating/implementing this very well across to the passengers and the staff on the ships themselves.

Maybe as these packages become mainstream and mature this will get figured out.

We were told by most of the bartenders all over the ship that the YC passengers pretty much get anything they want on the ship (ice cream, shakes, crepes, chocolate martinis, etc.) as long as they are not super premium priced which in our case was anything that had 2 stars beside the price.

Hope that helps.